Arizona Cardinals to Unveil New Uni's on Thursday

Stronso

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish people would stop using the repetitive phrase "exact same." :evil:

It isn't actually repetitive. Although saying same implies a level of similarity, adding exact (which is not a synonym for same) invokes a sense of infinite precision to the similarity assertion.

Thus concludes the grammar lesson for today. After recess, we'll explore the wonderful world of haikus!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I wish people would stop using the repetitive phrase "exact same."  :evil:

It isn't actually repetitive. Although saying same implies a level of similarity, adding exact (which is not a synonym for same) invokes a sense of infinite precision to the similarity assertion.

Thus concludes the grammar lesson for today. After recess, we'll explore the wonderful world of haikus!

No, same means there is no difference. Similar means they are close but not the same.

2 equilateral triangles may be the same but if one has sides of 6" and one has sides of 8" they are similar.

A couple of you guys need to see my brother.  He's an OPTOMETRIST! :P

If you can't see that the old and new banner Cardinal Logo heads are clearly different, it really is time for an eye exam! :shocked:

ITS THE SAME!

its clearly different. either u need to see an eye doctor or u need a new computer. either way, do it fast!

OMMF wins this one I am afraid. If something is the same it is exactly alike. Similar means quite alike but not excatly alike. Exact same adds emphasis to the word same, but actually means nothing.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

OMMF wins this one I am afraid. If something is the same it is exactly alike. Similar means quite alike but not excatly alike. Exact same adds emphasis to the word same, but actually means nothing.

So in this case would "exact" be redundant? Kind of like "honest truth?"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So in this case would "exact" be redundant? Kind of like "honest truth?"

Well as i say, some people think itrs ok to say exact same as the 'exact' adds emphasis, but pedants would say it is redundant.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Who says you can't learn anything here? :D

i guess since last time i looked at this thread I have cleared my cache, so it IS obviously different, for those of you who still see the same bird, just clear your cache.

how do i do that?

nevermind. I just went to NFL.com and it is definitely different now. strange....

mb-header.gif

It would be interesting if the serifs on the letters were rendered to look like the feathers on the back of the cardinal's head. :P

NOT!

I'm still wondering just how badly the Bidwills, NFL Properties and Reebok are going to manage to fuc& up the uniforms? I mean, they did so well with the logo, I'm thinking that they have to really blow it with the uniforms in order to maintain a Bidwillian level of incompetence.

mb-header.gif

It would be interesting if the serifs on the letters were rendered to look like the feathers on the back of the cardinal's head. :P

NOT!

I'm still wondering just how badly the Bidwills, NFL Properties and Reebok are going to manage to fuc& up the uniforms? I mean, they did so well with the logo, I'm thinking that they have to really blow it with the uniforms in order to maintain a Bidwillian level of incompetence.

Give or take a few serifs, the Cardinals wordmark is the same font as the Texans and Seahawks, especially the Seahawks.

PANTONE, couldn't help but notice that you have the new avatar...and I think the placement of the mark is off.  If you look at the helmet picture above, it appears that the cardinals is more upright than horizontal.

Could just be me and my 20/450 eyesight....

No, you are correct. I noticed that as well yesterday when the unveiled the logo, and it is most definitely angled upwards more.

I have already been adjusting my copy of the logo and the graphics that I've used it in (well, until I get the REAL artwork)...

B)

Yeah, that's going to start bothering me when people use it at the wrong angle. Just like the Texans logo which is supposed to tilt a little "forward" but when people stick it on the back of their truck window they have it more straight up and down....drives me crazy.

And also, the Texans came out with their wordmark first, so they should get to keep theirs and everyone else has to change.

Archived