Mascot Names

Nick 1733

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota Gophers

Peoria Rivermen (ECHL)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

these are probably already been said but i have some:

Reds

Power

Crocodiles

Bullets

Taipans

Warriors

36ers (ie Adeladie 36ers

Rangers

Ice

Ice Bears

Boomers

Kangaroos

Demons

Monkeys

Apes

Chimps

Cats

Dockers

Crows

Donkeys

Turkeys

Red Devils

Bulldogs

Swordfish

Eels

Roosters

Knights

Sea Eagles

Broncos

Cowboys

Dolphins

Bears

Lions

Magpies

Waves

Brewers

Tar Heels

Cruisers

Cougars

Falcons

Supercats

Wildcats

Bearcats

Magic

Breakers

Pioneers

Scorpions

Giants

Rollers

Opals

Gliders

Hockeyroos

Socceroos

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Banana Slugs

Fightin' Whities

Fightin' Whites?????

The Banana Slugs are at UC Santa Cruz and I don't think there are actually sports there.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

The Banana Slugs are at UC Santa Cruz and I don't think there are actually sports there.

From the UC Santa Cruz Website:

Q: What kinds of athletics and intramural programs are there?

A: UC Santa Cruz is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III, competing in men's and women's basketball, soccer, swimming and diving, water polo, tennis, volleyball, and women?s cross country and golf.

^_^

Also, there is a great list of sports nicknames at the following address:

Sports Nicknames

It covers everything, from any pro team that ever existed (even old obscure minor league baseball teams) through college teams down to high school teams across the country. It's presented in a multi-page format with nicknames in alphabetical order. Links are provided to many websites associated with teams or universities.

Constantly being updated, as well. I've e-mailed in a few updates myself.

It is what it is.

A: UC Santa Cruz is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III, competing in men's and women's basketball, soccer, swimming and diving, water polo, tennis, volleyball, and women?s cross country and golf.

^_^

Sports Nicknames

It covers everything, from any pro team that ever existed (even old obscure minor league baseball teams) through college teams down to high school teams across the country. It's presented in a multi-page format with nicknames in alphabetical order. Links are provided to many websites associated with teams or universities.

That guy makes me laugh. What a maroon.

Years ago, when he first started that thing, I emailed him and told him that I had been compiling that stuff (along with colors, school information, etc.) in a database for years and years and that I would be willing to help him out a bit. He emailed me back stating something like, "OK, start sending me everything you have, starting with 'A', then 'B', etc.". He wanted everything I had! The nerve of some of these guys.

As long as this dude continues to store his stuff in Excel, I'll never have to worry about (if it's even something I SHOULD be worrying about) him ever overtaking my collection.

I created a text listing from my database last night (a UNION query from both my Sports Franchise and College Athletics database) of over 2,300 unique nicknames. And that's not even including over 3,300 high schools I've got as well.

(OK...I feel better)

Sports Nicknames

I stand corrected. This is the funniest nickname from that site:

BUNNIES - Fisher HS IL, Omaha Benson HS NE, Kokudo (Japan HL), Cedar Rapids (Mississippi Valley Lg), Henderson (Piedmont Lg)

POTD (Shared)

^_^

Sports Nicknames

I stand corrected. This is the funniest nickname from that site:

BUNNIES - Fisher HS IL, Omaha Benson HS NE, Kokudo (Japan HL), Cedar Rapids (Mississippi Valley Lg), Henderson (Piedmont Lg)

My uncle went to Benson H.S. in Omaha...that nickname's been a great one in the family for decades...

Archived