Charlotte bobcats

TruColor

yes, they design identitys for celebritys, meaning they are an all in one publicity farm.

What im seeing is an overdone logo by a newcomer to sports identity, and will be poked and prodded for months on this board, only to be changed at the last second by the team, probably something designed by the NBA.

I dont know why I think so pessimistically, but tooling on their website shows me little recourse.  I cant imagine Phoenix's first logos were great...(Or really their latest either)

But i think the colors are nice, and hopefully its simple, yet modern and of course tasteful.

I wonder though if it wil be a reddish orange like the rim, a paler orange like the ball, or a deer hunter/blaze orange, like the Netherlands.  

Hopefully the latter.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats what I always had against the Bobcats name- sounds too much like a college football team!!

The colours sound quite cool though! The bit about what shade of orange is a good point, they surely wont go for a ball or hoop like shade. We'll just have to wait and see!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

WHAT: * Unveiling of team name, colors and logo

* Uptown basketball street festival, featuring live entertainment, interactive basketball games, merchandise stands, food vendors and fan giveaways with the new team logo

WHEN: Wednesday, June 11, 2003

11:30 a.m. ? 12:00 noon Pre-Event Entertainment

12:00 noon ? 12:30 p.m. Name Announcement/Logo Unveiling

12:30 p.m. ? 2:00 p.m. Uptown Basketball Street Festival

This is from NBA Charlotte's official site, maybe we'll have to wait 'til tomorrow, but it says name unveiling too, wasnt that already decided?

www.nba.com/charlotte ???

Could this be it? It does have the right team colors and is definitely a Bobcat.

That's gotta be it. They'll just change those round things at the bottom to look like basketballs!

I like that huge arm and paw lifting up the basketball.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I don't think the team itself ever announced Bobcats as being the official name, but apparently was reported from a trustworthy enough source to be considered fact. That said, I'd laugh if they did pull a fast one and actually call the team the flight with orange nowhere to be found in their stuff.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Guys there is no doubt the name is Bobcats. I have been trying http://www.nba.com/bobcats (the easy website formula for nba teams) and I got that the page did not exist. Now it is forbidden, but not that it doesn't exist. If you were to try say http://www.nba.com/dragons or http://www.nba.com/flight it tells you the page doesn't exist on the server. The name is definatley Bobcats.

Ps. you can watch the news conference live if you go to nba.com. then go to charlottes website, there will be a link to watch the noon et unveiling.

That way you dont have to wait until 12:01 for one of us geeks to put it up on here.

Hmmm.

I am a little underwhelmed.

Is that blue or purple?

Sidenote:  I know this stuff matters a ton to us, but has anyone ever seen a press conference where the people seem to care at all??

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Upon looking closer on their new site.........

I am more than underwhelmed.  I am unimpressed.  I don't care for it.

I don't mind the colors....pretty unique....but it does feel like you've seen it before...only better.  Straight side views are kind of a cop out nowadays.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived