Belfry Batzz

bhambruiser

the primary is solid, and is definitely worth pursuing in my opinon. the bat secondary is close to it. the castle secondary is a little too complex, both for my liking and probably for reproduction. if you deleted the brick detail, the background cloud, all but a few bats, and the large rectangualr belltower window, wed get the same idea from a much cleaner and simpler logo. on the script, "belfry" is too squished to read. one can hardly see the horizontal extenders and connectors of the letters.

and i looked in websters, and "batzz" isn not in the dictionary. the closest thing i found was "bats," and the picture next to the entry looked pretty close to what youve drawn here, so i think you just made a horrible spelling error, and your concept would probably be better if you changed it. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Primary I like

The Tower Secondary I like but like someone earlier said may be tough to reproduce in mass

Not feeling the Bat Secondary

Do Not like the Wordmark at all..... What if you tried putting the Wordmark in a silhoutte of the bat, like in the TV show BATMAN.

The name is pretty awful. The secondary is far too busy and the primary has been Batman done to death.

HOWEVER. Do not be disheartened. That "Secondary" has mad promise.

Learn to coldly evaluate your own work. Drop what isn't working, even if it was initially what you thought would be the strength of the concept.

I'd say give yourself a test. Slow down. Back up, and revisit only that secondary.

Endeavor to lose at least one color, even out all strokes (Outlines) in terms of more uniform width.

Try and see how many places you can keep the viewers eye moving, breaking visual planes. Imagine every outline is a road. Make it an effort not to lead anyone down a "dead end" on that road.

Maybe the yellow outline color invades the body of the bat at the top of the wings and becomes the "finger" detail?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

The Primary I like

The Tower Secondary I like but like someone earlier said may be tough to reproduce in mass

Not feeling the Bat Secondary

Do Not like the Wordmark at all..... What if you tried putting the Wordmark in a silhoutte of the bat, like in the TV show BATMAN.

yeah the guy i am doing it for is a huge batman fan, so that would probably be cool to do, but I didn't want to make it too close to batman stuff....i wasn't satisfied with the wordmark either, so I will work on it....I personally thought the tower and belfry was tight, but hey a third party perspective is certainly warranted from time to time. thanks

Archived