2005 World Series Logo

November

I like it - this new style of logo they adopted in 2004 works pretty well... except for one thing. In 2004, did it bother anyone else that the Red Sox "B" was placed where it was... kinda in the upper left?

bos_logo_primary.gif

IMO, the perfect place for the champions' logo this year would be directly to the left of the wordmark.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Hasn't the marriage of Nike and West Virginia football taught us anything? Digital Sans is not the best looking font. It definitely stands out, but so does Hobo.

I think the designers are getting a little lazy again (see World Series logos from the 90s). At least last year's colors were nore neutral. This looks like it's trying to please the Mariners, Astros and Padres fans all at the same time.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That logo is absolutely hideous. I don't know how any of you like it.

What a bad use of those colours... plus what's with the woodmark tabbed over to the right like that?

The idea with the world and the baseball is cute, but it comes with horrible execution. They really destroyed the classic World Series logos of the 90's and have turned them into trash. Complete utter trash.

Every top-tier designer here could design better.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

What on earth is going on with those seams? That's just terrible. What is it supposed to communicate? That the earth is pinned against the left side of an invisible glass baseball? Is this some metaphysical contemplation of the nature of seams? It's like a bad undergraduate attempt at deconstructivist mimicry: "Knock the Cover Off the Ball: Toward a Derridaian Reimagining of Seams as Seams."

It's just freakish and ugly.

Also, there is a good readon why the MLB logo is supposed to have the blue on the left and red on the right. Putting the brighter color in the larger space completely imbalances the thing.

Makes me wish baseball would do like the World Cup and base its World Series logo on the shape of the trophy itself. Say, anyone have a vector image of the World Series trophy?

20082614447.png

Archived