Greatest Super Bowl Ever Played

JQK

pick one.  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i had to go for 36. seeing brady guide that last drive in his first year as starter against a big favourite in the rams and vinatieri hit the field goal as the clock ran out, maybe not classically a great standard of football but high drama, and in the aftermath of 9/11 as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

XXXIV. The Titans came so close to tying it at the end. It was heartbreaking to see as a Titans fan, but it was a great game, nevertheless.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I went with III, mostly b/c of the impact it had on the NFL in general rather than the score or closeness of it....

Basically, on a sunday in January of '69, the football world learned the AFL was for real and could hang around and beat the best the NFL had to offer....

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I appreciate Hat's reason, but since i saw it, and was very excited and entertained by it, i votes XXXIV, though it took some searching to figure out the roman numerals.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Super Bowl 38 was the greatest, because it had it all {in chronological order too}: An exciting first half defensive struggle, female nudity, male nudity, and the most exciting half of football I've seen in my life. That game was freakin awesome.

Super Bowl 34 is 2nd place IMO, because he was just one freakin yard short.

i know it wasn't called the super bowl but what about super bowl I and II?

those were packer blowouts.

Super bowl 3 was pretty much a blowout and wasn't that great of a game. The colts only had 1 score and that came very late in the 4th. However, the fact that it was an afl team blowing out an nfl team and how that single game made the super bowl an event.

Super Bowl XXV is the best, back and fourth game with a great ending. Super Bowl XXII is the second greatest. This is what Super Bowl XXIV and XXXVI lacks the back and fourthness. Super XXXVIII had that was well.

I'm a Broncos fan, I didn't vote for XXXII. I think it was a great Super Bowl, good in terms of the game itself, and for Elway finally winning one. Definetely great for a Broncos fan...

I voted for Titans/Rams... but I have to consider Patriots/Rams to be equal to that. Both games had a great ending and a comeback that fell short -- but the underdog factor is what does it for me, about Pats/Rams. The Patriots weren't even supposed to keep it close, let alone win.

IUe6Hvh.png

Super Bowl Suffle!!

Double XX hands down.

So what if I was 3...So what if I don't remember it? It was DaBears! Perhaps, the greatest team in the history of the NFL. Number 2 on most lists, number 1 on some.

Mistakes add to the drama of a bvid sporting occasion IMO. Sure as a pure football game there may have been better games than 36, but as a occasion complete with backdrop and emotions and everything I have to say it still does it for me. And it had swings and roundabouts- big Pats lead- TD ruked out, Rams come back ended by the drama of the field goal.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

anyone notice th even number SB's since SBXXXI have all been incredibly awesome, while the odd havent been as entertaining? I mean 32, 34, 36, and 38 have all been incredible while 31, 33, 35, and 37 have alll been a bore(well except of course youre a packer, bronco, raven, or buc fan)

just an observation

anyway in my breif stint on the world id say the best ive seen is XXXVIII, but XXXVI, XXXIV have also been good. As well I know XXV, and III were both classics as well.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

The only thing I remember about SBXXXV was falling asleep right after kick-off and waking up for the trophy presentation. Apperantly all I missed action-wise was the back to back kick returns, but as an Eagles fan I wish I would have seen the total destruction and embarrasment of the Giants as it happened :evil: .

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived