Pittsburgh Steelers Uni Concept

rtrich11

First off, I DO NOT THINK THEY WOULD OR SHOULD DO THIS. I was just watching the game last weekend and thought about their colors. I like black and yellow (gold), but they have nothing to do with the color of steel. For kicks I put together these unis using Black and Steel as the colors.

The numbers are supposed to look beveled, like a metal plate, and the crest is from (I think) the 20s or 30s and reused in the 1994 season. I wanted to get that in there. That shape on the sleeves was used briefly by the team in the 60s on their away jerseys.

So with this concept I am both obliterating tradition and recapturing it. It's just a whim for putting steel into the Steelers. Start the uproar...

SteelersUnis.jpg

And since the yellow/gold was asked about, here it is. Not bad.

SteelersUnisYellow.jpg

I'm absoultely in love with this concept. I really like the idea of beveling the numbers to give them a "steel" feel. I'm a little disapointed in the lasck of gold, but hey. It's absoultely beautiful! Mahalo.

dodgers-1.png

Davis would cry all the way to his lawyer if they did this.

I wish the steelers would lose the patch and go back to the block numbers. That along with black shoes would return the classic look.

Based on the concept above a 3rd color "steel" jersey would be lovely too.

As a long time Steeler fan all I can say is WOW! Those are great, however I agree that they should never use them. We Pittsburghers love our Black and Gold. BTW, the crest that you said is from the 20s or 30s is actually the offical city crest of Pittsburgh and still flies on the city flag.

I think it looks too much like the Raiders myself. You can't have the Steelers without any yellow either!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived