NHL, Football

flamesfan89

I just had these concepts floating around and I thought I'd post a few of 'em.

For New Jersey I decided to try a return the so called 'christmas tree' uniforms, but I think they turned out pretty good.

NJ.jpg

Here's an Argos concept I did for my CFL project but I never posted. Just went back to the powder blue and navy color scheme and added a UCLA stlye alternate.

TOR.jpg

Here's the Eskimos concept. I just changed the yellow to a more gold color and modernized the old style EE. I tried a gold third jersey but it didn't really turn out all that well.(In my opinion at least- maybe you will like it)

EDM.jpg

And I just threw in a vintage style Flames concept - tell me what you think.

CGYH.jpg

i absolutely HATE red and green together... always have. i think those colors look awful in the same color scheme every single time they're used...

that being said, those devils uniforms are AWESOME.... a work of art. i'd probably buy a white sweater with langenbrunner or stevens.

quick question, did you use the deftones font as a base for that? :) it looks familiar

edit- 2 quick things... white jerseys in the NHL have to have white helmets. i think it's a rule... and i think CCM makes the white sweaters, still... reebok only has homes and thirds.

i absolutely HATE red and green together... always have. i think those colors look awful in the same color scheme every single time they're used...

that being said, those devils uniforms are AWESOME.... a work of art. i'd probably buy a white sweater with langenbrunner or stevens.

quick question, did you use the deftones font as a base for that? :) it looks familiar

edit- 2 quick things... white jerseys in the NHL have to have white helmets. i think it's a rule... and i think CCM makes the white sweaters, still... reebok only has homes and thirds.

Yeah, it's the deftone stlyus font; I never thought about the NHL having a white helmet rule though, I know they are allowed in international hockey.

Alright --

I'm in the same as ColeDMD as I usually hate red and green together, but there's something about your concept that looks great, despite those two colors being together. Can't put my finger on it, but good job on those. I like the green one, although I'd maybe change the sleeve striping, and I'd definetely want to buy the red one.

Those blue argos unis look very, very nice. The other ones also do, but there's something about those light blues ones that I like a lot.

I like the Eskimos home and away, not crazy about the alts, though.

I like your Flames alternate for the most part, although I, once again, dislike the sleeve striping.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think the devils concepts are awesome! The red and green work really well the way you did it. You used the right shade of green... the old devil's green was alot brighter and looked too christmassy. This works.

I also like your flames thrid jersey. It really gives me a sense of fire, or firefighting, or something. Anyway.. it's very unique and clean.

Great job!

I don't have a problem with red & green together--it depends on which shades and how they're used together--for example the Wild did it well--but NJ didn't

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Solid stuff man, nice work. I like the red and green Devils, I really can't believe only 1 professional sports team that I can think of uses that combo (plus gold). I mean they're complimentary colors after all.

The NHL sweaters aren't really gonna have the friggin Reebok vector now are they? I would cry.

Solid stuff man, nice work. I like the red and green Devils, I really can't believe only 1 professional sports team that I can think of uses that combo (plus gold). I mean they're complimentary colors after all.

The NHL sweaters aren't really gonna have the friggin Reebok vector now are they? I would cry.

yes, they are going to have that logo...

and the teams i can think of, off the top of my head, that have worn green and red together are:

minnesota wild

dallas stars (alternate jersey... ugly hideous trash)

seattle supersonics

new jersey devils

MoDo in Sweden (forsberg's team)

AK Bars Kazan in Russia (Kovalchuk/Lecavalier/Khabibulin/Richards/etc)

a few international teams, like mexico and portugal... it seems to be more common in europe for sports teams... i personally hate it. it looks like a bottle of tobasco, or a christmas tree... it just clashes really bad to me.

I like the green one, although I'd maybe change the sleeve striping

I have nothing against the concept of red & green for the Devils. I thought it looked good in the 80s and I think your concepts here look good. I really like your green 3rd jersey, but I would change the striping because I think it looks too candy-caney. Maybe you could try black and red stripes there.

Your Flames 3rd jersey reminds me of the Anaheim 3rd jersey... which doesn't really do anything for me. The 3 sets of stripes on that one are overkill.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

For the devils, I see red and black, not green--did you change it? I would LOVE to see thise in red/green. I am in a tiny minority that thinks they should never have changed. That was unique and I liked it. Red and black is so boooooooorrrrrrrrrrring.

Put 'em back up if you would!

I love your Flames primaries. The Flames unis have gotten too busy and focused too much on black over the last decade or so. These are a nice update of what the had in the 1980s.

I also like the Argos boat/football logo (I don't know if you made it up or if they already have it since I know nothing about the CFL, but kudos to you if you did it!)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I love the Devils' ALT, the "Wild"-like logo is very "vintage".

unlike most people around here, I love the green as well, I think black is just way too common in uniforms.

The only thing I would change is the shoulder logo on the Devils.

I don't see the point in having the same logo as the chest.

Great work!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The only thing I would change is the shoulder logo on the Devils.

I don't see the point in having the same logo as the chest.

Great work!

I take that back...

I looked closer and saw it is different.

I would then say: make it MORE different.

One "Devilish" logo I always loved is the Australian Football League's Melbourne Demons.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

yes, they are going to have that logo...

and the teams i can think of, off the top of my head, that have worn green and red together are:

minnesota wild

dallas stars (alternate jersey... ugly hideous trash)

seattle supersonics

new jersey devils

MoDo in Sweden (forsberg's team)

AK Bars Kazan in Russia (Kovalchuk/Lecavalier/Khabibulin/Richards/etc)

a few international teams, like mexico and portugal... it seems to be more common in europe for sports teams... i personally hate it. it looks like a bottle of tobasco, or a christmas tree... it just clashes really bad to me.

Don't forget the Milwaukee Bucks from their inception in the late 1960's to the mid-1980's...

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived