Fullerton (Golden Baseball League)

Blackjack76

But, what else can you do with a train?

Derail? :therock:

I was going to say that but discretion got the best of me.

There really isn't much you can do, and making it a diesel engine would take away one of the best elements, the smoke cloud.

... and making it a diesel engine would take away one of the best elements, the smoke cloud.

It would also ignore the fact that Fullerton was founded as a station-stop during the steam locomotive era.

I was speaking of train logos in general.

Ah... well, there you go.

With a railroad theme you're pretty much limited to using a depiction of a train or its engineer... and the train itself is the more dynamic of the two choices. From there, you're basically reduced to selecting whether you want to render the train from a full profile, head-on or three-quarter perspective, as well as whether you're going to go the "realistic" or "anthromorphic" approach.

I like it a lot. Do we know who did it? Joe? Todd?

I think the hat n eyes are a little Thomas the Engine or whatever, but it works nicely.

Is it me or is it a sloppy version taken from a jpg with a bg? I see pieces of blue hanging out on top n bottom left and top right.

I feel the ball as steam thing is pretty inspired but would have worked better if the first ball had fewer lines......to look more pouring out of the stack.

All in all. Nice though. Very nice.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

The unique thing about this logo is that it is a perspective of a 2D view. In other words, it is as if the train profile was drawn on a sheet of paper first and then the sheet of paper itself was foreshortened in perspective. At first I thought it was a design error but now I actually like it!

LT

Archived