George Karl named Nuggets head coach

See Red

from nuggets.com:

Nuggets Name George Karl Head Coach

Nuggets General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe has announced the naming of George Karl as the team's new head coach. Karl joins the Nuggets as the 13th winningest coach in NBA history, 708-499 (.587), having coached for Cleveland, Golden State, Seattle and Milwaukee in 16 years in the NBA. Interim Head Coach Michael Cooper will resume his previous role as assistant coach.

I think this is a good thing, as I've been calling for this since the off-season. This is a very talented team that has underachieved to this point, although injuries play a huge role in that.

Hopefully maybe he can lure Ray Allen to the Nuggets this offseason. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

It woint suprise me to see him lure Ray Allen there but he needs to get Melo focused and keep him away from bad influnces ie the buddies he did that DVD with.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

the nugs can have him and his ego. He can be a great coach, as evidenced by him turning the Bucks around...but he can also be a crappy one (see the great collapse of 2002-they were leading the Central for most of the season and then it got so bad they couldn't even drink gatorade right). off the bat, the Nugs will get teh great Karl. later on you're probably gonna get the crappy Karl as well, and even Melo may want out if it gets as bad as it got in Milwuakee.

just a fair warning.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Wow, even more reason to hate him. Back in the 90's when the Sonics were really good I used to hate him and Shawn Kemp really bad. Now that he's left Seattle I really don't mind that organization but now that he's going to my least favorite franchise (thanks to their pathetic fans and pansy ass Carmelo) I have even more reason to dislike him! That's just my opinion though.......... :D

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Personally I think Karl is ver overated I always felt his teams came up small in the playoffs and that 1994 Sonics collapse ironically against the Nuggets will always hang over him.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And look what happened in Indianapolis in the Summer of 2002 at the FIBA Men's World Basketball Championships. Karl coached them to SIXTH PLACE! Where's my paper bag to put on my head?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

And look what happened in Indianapolis in the Summer of 2002 at the FIBA Men's World Basketball Championships. Karl coached them to SIXTH PLACE! Where's my paper bag to put on my head?

And Larry Brown coached a more talented team USA to third! Does that mean Larry Brown's not a good coach for not winning it all?

IUe6Hvh.png

But you can't tell me that Larry Browns Dream Team wasn't a lot more talented than the one George Karl had coached. My point being, it's not fair to judge a coach by how he did in the Olympics or World Championships.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived