ThaFlameofAtlanta

LTurk

DawgPacPBH

Darthman

BallWonk

Antnee1515

You still have until February 11, 2005

I didn't know that...

They're both really different and the "stars" is very old-school clean and simple like they would wear back in the 1930's.

I'm just having fun and learning the ropes here. You can pick. I would think you'd feel their both second tier in their level of design.

I'm a traditionalist at heart, I don't like the modern "over-the-top" designs favored by ballclubs today. The Tigers, Cubs, Yankees, Cardinals are to me - "classics" is their simply, elegant designs

That being said, I do have a request...

I would still appreciate if someone could tell me where to find (and not in the template string - its not there) a baseball uniform template that is different than the one I'm using now. (the one red or bham used). This would greatly help my next submission.

thanks

-ant

Okay, *pant pant* I finally have my Huntsville Stars package finished. It took longer than I expected, but I think I am satisfied with the result. "Stars" is a fairly generic nickname, so I wondered why the Huntsville team chose it. Realizing that Huntsville is the site of the Air and Space Museum and Spacecamp, I figured that had something to do with it. Therefore, my design involved a little - well - rocket science! For your pleasure, my new Huntsville Stars look:

LT

Huntsvl.jpg

Well I guess this will be the final entry,and I gotta give thanks to lilg for keepin' this alive JUST long enough for me to get in under the wire.Now let me explain the details behind my retooled Portland SeaDogs:When I think "SeaDogs" I think of Pirates and a swashbuckling theme,and so that's what I tried to do here.The wordmark/script is completely custom/hand-drawn,and only the second and third non-font script I've done in Illustrator.The numbers are an existing font but I thought they fit well with the script,and I think they both look like something that would be written on a Pirate's map.My primary logo is my interpretation of a Seadog.I like realistic-looking logos over more "cartoony" logos-as in what the 'Dogs have now-so I crossed a Dog,Dolphin,and Seal to get a realistic looking animal.I kept the colors the same as they currently wear and also still tried to keep uniform elements traditional as they are a Boston farm club and the Sox have always been traditional in their uniforms.This concept is my 800th post,and I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about it.As always......ENJOY!!

SeaDogsLogos.gif

SeaDogsConcept.gif

98Falcons.png

unfortunately robb i got some bad c&c. don't get me wrong I like it, but the script doesn't mesh well with the sea dog. the seadog is happy as in "how much is that seadoggy in the window, arf arf, the one with the waggily flipper", where as the script is agressive. a kind of maritimy script would have went well here.

With Blackjack 76 bowing out, here is the updated look,

First Tier

Joshuamings

pcqd

lightbluenc

rynoz10

bhambruiser

RedEye

markanthony

Second Tier

aussie

Kenny Rock

Jamesduncan

ThaFlameofAtlanta

LTurk

DawgPacPBH

Darthman

BallWonk

Antnee1515

On The Bubble or not finished yet

brassbonanza97

robbman21

You still have until February 11, 2005

Hey, where'd my name go?

here is the last update for the tier's, there is nine in each bracket. So here it is. Voting will start in another thread in a few minutes

First Tier

Joshuamings

pcqd

lightbluenc

rynoz10

bhambruiser

RedEye

markanthony

ltravisjr

robbman21

Second Tier

aussie