Who is this one for?

WJMorris3

As the city celebrates and the Birds prepare the first of what will hopefully be many Super Bowls in the Reid-McNabb era, I think it's appropriate to remember all those past Eagles from our lifetime who never got a chance to play in this game but sure made their mark and helped make Eagle football and Eagles Fans what we are on this glorious day.

So without further adieu...

Who Is This One For?

This one's for Randall "Let Me be Me" and his Ugly Flap, because he was Mike Vick and Donnie Mac before there was Mike Vick and Donnie Mac.

This one's for Ricky "For Who, For What" Watters, who gave Gruden the finger long before Chucky broke our hearts, and who refused to go over the middle long before Pinky "lost it in the lights."

This one's for Buddy's Boys, "the Greatest D ever assembled": Clyde, Seth, 'Dre Waters, Wes Hopkins, Byron Evans, Mike Pitts, Izel "Toast" Jenkins, Mike Golic, Eric Allen, Ben Smith, and especially 1, 2, 3 J.B. #99. Bring it home for Jerome.

This one's for the late, great Minister of Defense, who won a Super Bowl in Green Bay, but deserved one in Philly. We know he's smiling down on Philly's faithful today.

This one's for The Bounty Bowl, the Fog Bowl, The Body Bag Game, the Inch That Stole Christmas, 4th & 26 and all the other classics over the years.

This one's for Arkansas Fred Barnett and Calvin Williams, Chris T. Jones, Freddie Solomon, and Irving Fryar. It ain't, however, for James Thrash, Charles Johnson or Torrance Small. Sorry boys.

This one's for Mike Mamula and his half-a-sack, Mike McMillan and all 5 foot 9 of him, Richie the K and his laminated sheet, the Doug Pederson Era, and Tommy Hutton who bobbled the snap on Monday Night in Dallas.

This one's for Willie T, and Mike Zordich, two guys who could've played for Jim Johnson's defense any day.

This one's for Guy McIntyre, only because he is forever Lou Tilley's "Guy in the Room."

This one's for Stan Walters and Merrill Reese, who proclaimed it Groundhog Day in December because "They give it to Smith and they stopped him AGAIN!!!"

This one's for Tony Bruno, Tom Brookshire, G Cobb, The Cuz, Big Daddy Graham, Angelo, Arson Arnie and the rest of the Dirty 30 who always brightened the Monday morning drive because you knew someone was out there who shared your pain.

And it's even for Wolfman Eskin, and his "Stone Cold Mortal Locks", always there to infuriate you on the ride home.

This one's for Al Morganti, who created Wing Bowl and gave us something to talk about, care about and laugh about before all those Super Bowls the Eagles weren't in.

This one's for Herm Edwards, who gave us "The Miracle at the Meadowlands."

This one's for Vai Sikahema punching the goalposts and the ageless wisdom of B-Mitch.

This one's for Bobby Hoying, who was Ben Roethlisberger before there was Ben Roethlisberger.

This one's for "Who Framed" Roger Ruzek, Gary Anderson, and Chris Boniol, none of whom would stand a chance against David Akers in a street fight.

This one's for Lester Holmes, Antone Davis and all the other draft busts that we'd like to forget.

This one's for Bobby T and Troy V, who left just a little too soon but paved the way for Lito and Sheldon. It's not for Al Harris, who's still committing pass interference somewhere in Green Bay.

This one's for Damon Moore, who chased and finally caught Ron Dixon at the 4-yard line as the Giants tried, but failed, to pull an 80-yard hook and ladder to prevent us from winning the division for the first time in decades.

This one's for Brandon Whiting, who went to San Francisco in exchange for some guy named Owens.

This one's for Duce, who, thankfully, took the Championship jinx with him across the state to Pittsburgh.

This one's for the endless chants of DALLAS SUCKS, DALLAS SUCKS!!!

But lastly, most of all, this one is for all the Philly phaithful of Eagles Nation who've invested their blood, sweat, cheers and tears into this team and never stopped believing that one day, some day, THIS DAY would arrive. How sweet it is!!!

Now let's go beat the Pats in Jacksonville!!

LvZYtbZ.png

This one's for Tony Bruno, Tom Brookshire, G Cobb, The Cuz, Big Daddy Graham, Angelo, Arson Arnie and the rest of the Dirty 30 who always brightened the Monday morning drive because you knew someone was out there who shared your pain.

Sure they also booed the drafting of Donovan McNabb, because they wanted a running back who isn't even in the league anymore instead, but why remember that. I love the Eagles, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather they lose the Super Bowl before ever winning anything for Angelo Cataldi and his band of idiots.

something i'm noticing about philadelphia is that you are all going crazy over just making it there, cheer some now but don't waste the party. Nobody cares when you just make it to a super bowl, whenever i'm in a fight with a browns fan i always bring up that the bengals have been to two super bowls, and you know what their response is every time, "how many have they won?" Every time, and there really isn't a good comeback to that, anyways i'm happy for all that your team has accomplished, and I hope next year i get to write one of these things for my bengals.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

This one is also for the worst sports fans in history....

This one is for the sorts fans that boo'd a ten year old blind boy who sang the national anthem.

This one is for the fans that boo'd Santa Claus for handing out gifts to people in the stands.

This one iss for the sports fans that boo'd when an opposing player finally got up instead of being paralyzed by a hit.

This one is for a city that hasn't experienced a major championship in any sport since 1983....

Act like you've been there before.

something i'm noticing about philadelphia is that you are all going crazy over just making it there, cheer some now but don't waste the party. Nobody cares when you just make it to a super bowl, whenever i'm in a fight with a browns fan i always bring up that the bengals have been to two super bowls, and you know what their response is every time, "how many have they won?" Every time, and there really isn't a good comeback to that, anyways i'm happy for all that your team has accomplished, and I hope next year i get to write one of these things for my bengals.

if rudi comes back and the whole defense is healthy, we got playoffs at least man

if rudi comes back and the whole defense is healthy, we got playoffs at least man

oh for sure

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

yeah that would all mean far more if it was posted after they had won. Getting to the big game is one thing. Winning it is a whole other matter.

Winning it against the best defensive mind in the NFL for the last 20years. The best big game QB in the business. A big gmae kicker who has been there and done it. The best LB corps in the league.

Best talk about the actual people who will be playing in the game. Not those who are long gone.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

How about just doing it for Chick Bednarik and the rest of the 1960 Eagles the last time the Eagles were Champions.

Yeah, everything on that list was nullified by the absence of Chuck Bednarik's name.

Chuck B?

Jaworski?

Harold Carmichael?

Norm Van Brocklin?

Ollie Matson?

Bert Bell?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Mike McMillan and all 5 foot 9 of him

MIGHTY MOUSE!!!! I had forgotten about him. He actually nearly ended up with the most interceptions in the league one season with the Chiefs, and the next season gave up about 1400 TD's on fade routes. (Oh, and his names Mark)

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Wow...you Eagles fans are taking this "we're-the-NFL-version-of-the-Red-Sox" thing a little too far with this blatant rip-off of a thread on a well-known Red Sox message board.

Do something original next time, please. <_<

Oh, and lose the game. That would also be a big help. GO PATS!

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Sure they also booed the drafting of Donovan McNabb, because they wanted a running back who isn't even in the league anymore instead, but why remember that.

Who did they want??? I can't remember. Enis?

Ricky Williams

and I think they wanted to draft his bong too, maybe a 6th round pick.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

How about just doing it for Chick Bednarik and the rest of the 1960 Eagles the last time the Eagles were Champions.

Yeah, everything on that list was nullified by the absence of Chuck Bednarik's name.

Chuck B?

Jaworski?

Harold Carmichael?

Norm Van Brocklin?

Ollie Matson?

Bert Bell?

Chuck Bednarik Rooting for the Patriots?

Chuck don't want on that list!

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Chuck B?

Jaworski?

Harold Carmichael?

Norm Van Brocklin?

Ollie Matson?

Bert Bell?

Chuck Bednarik Rooting for the Patriots?

Chuck don't want on that list!

Hah, that rocks. Go get 'em Chuck. One of my all-time favorite players.

Go Pats!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Wow...you Eagles fans are taking this "we're-the-NFL-version-of-the-Red-Sox" thing a little too far with this blatant rip-off of a thread on a well-known Red Sox message board.

Do something original next time, please. <_<

Oh, and lose the game. That would also be a big help. GO PATS!

Yeah. Sure. Macnow is doing it on his radio show. were not ripping off the Red Sox. The Sox dont own exclusive rights to curses, losing, etc.

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

Archived