Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

Bad USA soccer jerseys

http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-Away-Jersey-Shirt-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Lookit the large tan box the number is on.. then look at the nameplate overlap on the Beasley. Then, not the color difference between the names. Nasty

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Petitte Why oh why will people keep buying these things. Nothing makes me think less of a person than if they wear a Yankee (or home Red Sox, Giants, etc) jersey with the name on the back. That's part of the tradition.

Jeter I'm betting this one has the name on it too. It's authentic, but it has the old tag and the Majestic logo, other than that, it's perfect!

Edit: Oops, it's the right tag

A-Rod M'sI'm not an expert here, but this just looks wrong in about 4 different ways

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

A-Rod M'sI'm not an expert here, but this just looks wrong in about 4 different ways

1. Incorrect number font

2. Incorrect lettering font

3. The name on this jersey has a vertical arch which the Mariners have never used

4. The name should be on a nameplate

There's your 4 ways.

Manon Rheaume jersey. Remember her? She played goal for the Tampa Bay Lightning in a pre-season game.

64_1.JPG

Nice try, but the paintbrush numbers weren't in use then. They still had their original font. And I mean original before it was italicized the second year.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Manon Rheaume jersey. Remember her? She played goal for the Tampa Bay Lightning in a pre-season game.

64_1.JPG

Nice try, but the paintbrush numbers weren't in use then. They still had their original font. And I mean original before it was italicized the second year.

JeffB

Not only did they use the wrong era font, that's a really crappy substitute for Reporter-Two... Ugh, what a bad jersey... :down:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

05_1.JPG

I got this Blues jersey b/c I saw nothing wrong w/ it. Now when I got it I notice the yellow surrounding the note is not sewn but some kind of iron on or something. The red is sewn on, the blue is sewn on, but the yellow/gold is like what you'd find on replica NBA jerseys. On the shoulder logos, everything is sewn. It has a fight strap, correct tags, but even tho the size is 48 it fits me like a 46. It feels just a little light too. So am I seeing things or did I buy a really good looking fake that nobody else could tell (In which case for the $40 I'll probably give it to my buddy as a gift since he's a Blues fan). There's also little seams to the left and right of the word St. Louis. Oh well you win some you lose some.

NOTE:

This is a game jersey below and I think it also has that shiny paint stuff for the yellow part of the note. I have a feeling I might have an authentic now, but I still wanted to run it by you guys...

blueyakefront.gif

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

RE: BLUES JERSEY

I have the same authentic Blues Jersey. During that era, Starter and CCM both used that weird, Iron-on yellow film on the borders of the blue note, although on my jersey (made by Starter) the film is sewn onto the jersey with the same zigzag that attaches the other color. As a result it gets bubbly, but doesn't come loose.

The strange thing is on the replicas of that era, the yellow border was tackle twill, and with the relatively high quality of the starter-made replicas, they arguably look classier than the authentics!

Don't worry, it's not counterfeit!

RE: BLUES JERSEY

I have the same authentic Blues Jersey. During that era, Starter and CCM both used that weird, Iron-on yellow film on the borders of the blue note, although on my jersey (made by Starter) the film is sewn onto the jersey with the same zigzag that attaches the other color. As a result it gets bubbly, but doesn't come loose.

The strange thing is on the replicas of that era, the yellow border was tackle twill, and with the relatively high quality of the starter-made replicas, they arguably look classier than the authentics!

Don't worry, it's not counterfeit!

Custom Crafted, who did the Bruins and Blues jerseys did the 3-color numbers and nameplates that way too.

Okay listen to this: It's our last day of vacation in Orlando, and earlier this afternoon we were at the Florida Mall (I believe that's the name). I was in one of the sports stores and was browsing the NFL 50% off authentic jerseys, here's the weird part: Two Tampa Bay Jeravicus (sp?) jerseys, one looked fine, the other was an obvious fake, much like the ones we've been discussing. The number outlines were screwed up, like the Cadillac jersey bucfan brought up. Just thought I'd share.

I don't doubt that some stores have a hard time identifying authetics from counterfeit and you'll see in time more and more counterfeits make their way to the forefront. It's sad though.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So I found a Vincent Lecavalier jersey that was done absolutely HORRIBLY. The numbers were all blue which Tampa Bay never had and then name on the back was LECALALIER. I wrote the guy and asked why he was trying to pass off a replica jersey with the wrong name and number fonts as an authentic. This is what I got:

i feel like an idiot i didnt know the name was spelt wrong. This is a legite jersey not a fake.

Rather ammusing. He cant spell Lecavalier or the word SPELLED. I wonder if some of these counterfeiter are just really ignorant.

spacer.png

What an as$h0le.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-HOCKEY-JERSE...0QQcmdZViewItem

Five THOUSAND bucks? Excuse me?

Looks like a typo for $50.00, considering the other stuff he's selling.

Even still, 55 bucks for a fashion Phillies hockey sweater??? and 50 for this thing would be robbery too!

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitchell-Ness-Archie-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

A new Ebay guy claiming his stuff is authentic. Then why is Manning spelled with only one "n" on the Mitchell and Ness label? And the TV numbers should be on the shoulders not on the sleeves. Not a good way to start out selling your "authentic" stuff on eBay.

erm, how can you see the label?

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

A new Ebay guy claiming his stuff is authentic. Then why is Manning spelled with only one "n" on the Mitchell and Ness label? And the TV numbers should be on the shoulders not on the sleeves. Not a good way to start out selling your "authentic" stuff on eBay.

Mitchell and Ness also screwed up and put the numbers on the sleeves. The first thing I noticed was wrong was the sleeve striping.

A new Ebay guy claiming his stuff is authentic.  Then why is Manning spelled with only one "n" on the Mitchell and Ness label?  And the TV numbers should be on the shoulders  not on the sleeves.  Not a good way to start out selling your "authentic" stuff on eBay.

erm, how can you see the label?

OMG, he removed the picture of the label!!!!!!! I emailed him and asked him why the Manning on the label only had one "n" in the spelling. What a rat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

metslogo_215.gif

Archived