Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

Also, In Re Tkachuk Jersey...

The sleeve has the "Goals for Kids" logo, circa 1995, before the move. But, the NHL didn't use the "puck" logo on the tail until about 2000-2001 on the replicas. At that time, there would have been an "Eastern Conference" logo on the replicas. Even the vintage Jets jerseys released by CCM a few years ago didn't have the puck (or the GFK patch.)

Looks like EVERYTHING was added secondhand there!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Tkachuk" is spelled incorrectly.

This is more or less a case of buyer beware. They're not promoting it as one of Keith Tkachuk's own jerseys, they're not even promoting it as "authentic."

It's exactly what they say it is. A Keith Tkachuk-signed Winnipeg Jets jersey.

this is true, he doesn't claim it to be anything more than it is; but it's just so wrong in so many ways that i couldn't resist posting it.

Also, In Re Tkachuk Jersey...

The sleeve has the "Goals for Kids" logo, circa 1995, before the move. But, the NHL didn't use the "puck" logo on the tail until about 2000-2001 on the replicas. At that time, there would have been an "Eastern Conference" logo on the replicas. Even the vintage Jets jerseys released by CCM a few years ago didn't have the puck (or the GFK patch.)

Looks like EVERYTHING was added secondhand there!

Actually, the WPG replicas only would have had the "Western Conf" logo on them hem if it were a Starter jersey. The CCM semi-pro's at the time had mini team crest logos at the hem.

44_1_b.JPG

This is the only image he has. No back side, no fight strap, but the description says it has the fight strap and the CCM logo so what do you guys think?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

44_1_b.JPG

This is the only image he has. No back side, no fight strap, but the description says it has the fight strap and the CCM logo so what do you guys think?

I'd e-mail him and see if he can provide more pictures, but that does look like a "Center Ice Authentic Collection" tag on the neck.

Except the numbers are faced the right direction. I don't understand how anyone could even think about buying that! Polamalu's name isn't even on it. It's someone else's blacked out.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

• 2 weeks later...
they ALMOST got this right, but of all things to screw up:http://cgi.ebay.com/Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Ho...1QQcmdZViewItem

Nice one. Here's a quote from the description;

"Made by Starter, who makes licensed NHL products, you can count on quality and pride of manufacture."

Quality and Pride of manufacture, except for the part where they didn't care about what they were doing! :mad:

Also, CAN YOU BELIEVE SOMEONE BID $25 ON THE ""Special Edition Polamalu Jersey"???!!! :shocked:

I'm now convinced the time on Earth for the human race is limited. :blink:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 1 month later...
Except the numbers are faced the right direction. I don't understand how anyone could even think about buying that! Polamalu's name isn't even on it. It's someone else's blacked out.

Actually, if you look closely, you can actually make out the letters POLAMALU on the back of it.

But black on black is still pointless.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

What's wrong with this picture?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Milwaukee-Brewers-Grey...1QQcmdZViewItem

Try the word "MILWAUKEE" on the road jersey for that vintage.

for starters, it's pretty obvious that was at one point a blank Yankees road, so this is way off no matter how you slice it. adding to that, as you mentioned MILWAUKEE should be on there to be believable, and at that the outline should be gold and green, not white.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's been a while, but here's the newest examples of not doing your homework and screwing up a perfectly good jersey.

c9_1.JPG

This is a 1984 or 1986 NHL All-Star jersey. Problem is...Ray Bourque was still wearing #7 until Dec. 1987. It's possible that he had to change numbers for the All-Star game, like Joe Sakic usually does these days, but I have my doubts. NHLuniforms.com shows him as #7 in 1984 so I would assume he was high enough on the senority list by then to keep his #7.

"On December 4, 1987, the Boston Bruins were facing the New York Rangers, with former star Phil Esposito now an executive with the Rangers. In a pre-game ceremony, the Bruins were retiring Esposito's number 7. But Ray Bourque was wearing that number at the time. In a selfless act that illustrated Bourque's character, during the ceremony, Bourque ripped off his jersey to reveal his new number ? 77. It took a moment for the action to sink in with all those in attendance, including Phil Esposito."

Gretzky%20Purple%20back.jpg

Wrong font. For $139? No way. Thanks for playing. Try again.

Here's the correct font below.

1994%20NHL%20Fedorov%20bk_small.JPG

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived