Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst fake Gretzky ever? :blink: "start prices are low, so if you need the very best please pay the very best prices at michell and Ness." It should be more like "If you need the very worst, with a mix of colours and striping patterns from two different eras and the most deformed Oilers logo anywhere ever, please pay us our outlandish asking price and keep our sweatshop running."

I saw a few of these on eBay a few weeks ago, shipping from the Phillipines. They also had a bunch of fake Canada Cup jerseys, although those looked a lot closer to the real thing.

Here's a really bad homemade Chris Pronger too.

Worst fake Gretzky ever? :blink: "start prices are low, so if you need the very best please pay the very best prices at michell and Ness." It should be more like "If you need the very worst, with a mix of colours and striping patterns from two different eras and the most deformed Oilers logo anywhere ever, please pay us our outlandish asking price and keep our sweatshop running."

I saw a few of these on eBay a few weeks ago, shipping from the Phillipines. They also had a bunch of fake Canada Cup jerseys, although those looked a lot closer to the real thing.

It says the Gretzky one is a throwback. Does it count as a throwback if it's got a former player's name on it, even though he never actually played in that jersey? :P

"all item are sent from another location" - yea, it's called Tailand - Where Copyrights are Just a Suggestion?

Check out the picture of the Pronger jersey.

"MADE OF 100% BREATHABLE AIR-KNIT POLYESTER." It's breathable all right - you can see right through it because it's 80% holes! Lovin' the numbers overlapping the stripes too. Niiiiiiice. :puke:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This isn't an eBay find, but in an A.J. Wright store.

It's a light blue 1996 NBA All-Star Game uniform (the ugly one with the chili pepper on the front) with a Mitchell & Ness tag set into the authentic-looking Champion tag, with plain block numbers and the name and number of Larry Joe Bird on the back.

This is wrong on sooo many levels -- not the least of which is that M&N never made a Bird All-Star Game jersey, since Larry Bird didn't play in the 1996 All-Star Game. He retired in 1992.

The kicker? The jersey is being sold at the Wright store for $49.99!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This one is pretty obvious to Blue Jay fans...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...ADME:L:RTQ:CA:1

A 1994 Duane Ward game worn jersey... funny, Ward didn't play in 1994!

I emailed the guy letting him know that he might want to check with who he acquired the jersey from only to get this response:

you might want to check again on your stats and where did you come up with telling someone who acually worn this jersey that it is not real maybe you need to stop listening to what psa/dna says and do some research on your own before you tell someone who knows what is real and what is not real. Thanks.

I hate scumbags.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

After sending him Duane Ward's career stats, showing 1994 as a "Did Not Play" year, I got this comical response:

Well first off I am Duane Ward I was at every game that year in uniform just like everybody else on the team and this uniform was on my back for those Sunday games just like all the other players. Thanks.

:lol:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

After sending him Duane Ward's career stats, showing 1994 as a "Did Not Play" year, I got this comical response:
Well first off I am Duane Ward I was at every game that year in uniform just like everybody else on the team and this uniform was on my back for those Sunday games just like all the other players. Thanks.

Ha! Wow...

Here, I found some:

T.O.

Willie Parker

Bush

Well, that threw you off the scent now didn't it! ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

He didn't play but he was paid a salary, do you think it's possible the dude could have still been given a jersey? Sure he made $15 million over his career, but maybe he's hurting for cash now. I mean he is living in Vegas, (plus his seller name is DWardo31 and he's done some 400 sales. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to sell one rip off jersey. Unless you can change eBay names while keeping the same track record)

sf.png

http://cgi.ebay.com/CALGARY-FLAMES-AUTHENT...1QQcmdZViewItem

somethin seems a little weird ...not 100% sure tho?

They didn't have that logo and the Stanley Cup patch at the same time. I can tell you that much.

Archived