Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After sending him Duane Ward's career stats, showing 1994 as a "Did Not Play" year, I got this comical response:
Well first off I am Duane Ward I was at every game that year in uniform just like everybody else on the team and this uniform was on my back for those Sunday games just like all the other players. Thanks.

:lol:

He didn't play but he was paid a salary, do you think it's possible the dude could have still been given a jersey? Sure he made $15 million over his career, but maybe he's hurting for cash now. I mean he is living in Vegas, (plus his seller name is DWardo31 and he's done some 400 sales. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to sell one rip off jersey. Unless you can change eBay names while keeping the same track record)

Even if it is Mr. Ward this jersey is still not game worn... and besides, why would Duane Ward tell me to "look at his stats" after I told him that Ward didn't play in 1994?

Wouldn't he just have said "I didn't play in 94 but I did wear it in the dugout" right off the bat?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• 1 month later...

Every Modano North Stars jersey on ebay has upside down sixes. it drives me nuts. I see people at games with these and i want to cry. Why can't the people doing this customizing merely look at the yellow drop shadow on the N and figure it out.

modanog.JPG

This guy got the shadow right, and then added black. Wow. Just wow. Also notice the front crest is from pre black stripes...Idiots.

jerseyfull-modano-min.jpg

Although they're not trying to pass it off as authentic or anything...Red Wings with a Penguins jersey template

ac_2.JPG

Hey, where'd the stripes go?

04_2.JPG

Wrong numbers

7d_2.JPG

This one I actually have a question about...is there anything wrong with this? It looks pretty decent, and for as cheap as it is, I might pick it up.

Kevin Jones Jersey

This one I actually have a question about...is there anything wrong with this? It looks pretty decent, and for as cheap as it is, I might pick it up.

Kevin Jones Jersey

This jersey looks better than the Lions' recent play. We finally get to see a Lions game out here on the East coast last weekend, and they stink it up against a very beatable team. puke.gif

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• 4 weeks later...

My new favourite! Fake M&N Ron Duguay jersey

7f61_1.JPG

7c8d_1.JPG

80f1_1.JPG

This is hilariously bad. Managing to get the colours so bizarrely wrong is one thing, but of all the players you could pick, why would you fake a Ron Duguay jersey?

Actually, I'm not sure that one is "fake". AJ Wright has a bunch of Mitchell And Ness jerseys right now, and some of them are factory 2nds that are simply made wrong. I saw this same Duguay jersey at an AJ Wright in Columbus.

7f61_1.JPG

7c8d_1.JPG

80f1_1.JPG

This is hilariously bad. Managing to get the colours so bizarrely wrong is one thing, but of all the players you could pick, why would you fake a Ron Duguay jersey?

Actually, I'm not sure that one is "fake". AJ Wright has a bunch of Mitchell And Ness jerseys right now, and some of them are factory 2nds that are simply made wrong. I saw this same Duguay jersey at an AJ Wright in Columbus.

I wondered about that being the case, given that I've never seen fake M&N hockey jerseys on eBay, but this one was just so bad with the wrong colours, wrong year tag... That's some great quality control M&N has going there :blink:

7f61_1.JPG

7c8d_1.JPG

80f1_1.JPG

Dude I actually HAVE that jersey in white haha.

no need to hate on the Duguay.

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

• 3 weeks later...

Although they're not trying to pass it off as authentic or anything...Red Wings with a Penguins jersey template

ac_2.JPG

That is an actual fashion jersey. You can buy a lot of NHL team jerseys in that pattern. You can also buy other teams jerseys in the Flyers and Sharks jersey templates.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived