Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite - the red Chargers jersey - is back!

19_jersey_gallery.JPG

And some poor sap is bidding on it!

The fake Alworth jersey I have seen at Hip Hop type stores before. They came in like 5 different colors including powder blue. The blue one minus the tagging looked identical to a M and N and I was going to buy one but the store was sold out. The prices were 9.99 to 14.99 depending on the color.

I bought a knockoff Gayle Sayers throwback from Rugged Warehouse 2 years ago for 5.99, again the only difference between mine and M & N is the collar on the white jersey has a blue neck and the collar on the blue has white neck.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

heh, I've seen crap just as bad in the mall today. I went into this store called Head 2 Toe to see if they still had this factory screwup Kobe home jersey in there I'd seen several times. Sure enough, it was still there in all its white sided, purple numbered glory.

In the same rack was this Marbury jersey that was in FAR worse shape than anything I've ever seen in Goodwill or the Village...I mean this rag was all faded, all the orange was yellow except for on the collar and cuffs, damn thing looked like they left it out in the sun too long :D...Ironically, this place is right next to our Steve & Barry's, home of Steph's $15 game shoes and clothing line.

Heh, if that wasn't enough, they had in there white Bulls throwbacks with black lettering trimmed in red (and the script Chicago on front...um, okay) Lance Alworth throwbacks that used royal blue instead of powder blue, as well as a Randall Cunningham 94 throwback where the striping was way off (three close together instead of two farther apart), it had TV numbers (the jerseys the Iggles actually wore that year only had torso numbers) and here's the kicker: CUNNINCHAM on the back :D

burns me up, tho. I know one thing, I aint ever gonna buy from there, shoot, I don't even wanna drop a bus transfer in there.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

RED Calgary Flames Horse Head Jersey

e079_1.JPG

Is nice!!

I love the old "mix -n- match" jerseys and crests. Takes me back to the days of Starter.

While I'm at it, just what the :censored: is this?

SLEEVELESS Calgary Flames Jersey

9f4c_1.JPG

A Hockey Jersey Wife Beater? Now I've seen it all. :blink:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 2 weeks later...

It's a Festival of Crap!

Ebay seller with no morals

Fonts? Close enough. Arched Letters? Too much effort. Three color numbers? Two is close enough. Drop shadowed letters? Too difficult.

What a load of crap. Clearly intended for unknowing teens and clueless relatives.

I feel sorry for anyone who got something bought from this clown at Christmas. Not cheap either.

Also, this is an interesting, if not unfortunate, mix of logo and jersey style. While both are from the same franchise, they are not from the same era and somehow just don't seem to work very well together.

9c09_1.JPG

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Folks, G'day, I'm interested im buying a Manchester United shirt home or away, either or, i don't particularly mind.

Haven't got the money to buy it from the shop. They're about $130.

I need help with a couple of these of ebay.

1 - Red Home Jersey

Roughly $50, not sure if its real. You know the stories of if 'its too good to be true it most likely is'. I'm not sure exactly, it looks right, but the Nike ticks look a bit more vertical than the roughly 45 degree the tail ticks off to.

2 - White Away Jersey

The gold bit on the side of the piping looks a bit thicker than usual. I think it's the same person as abover.

Which of these are 100% correct? and authentic? I don't want to buy crap and I don't want one with names and numbers on it. Hope ya's can help.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Folks, G'day, I'm interested im buying a Manchester United shirt home or away, either or, i don't particularly mind.

Haven't got the money to buy it from the shop. They're about $130.

I need help with a couple of these of ebay.

1 - Red Home Jersey

Roughly $50, not sure if its real. You know the stories of if 'its too good to be true it most likely is'. I'm not sure exactly, it looks right, but the Nike ticks look a bit more vertical than the roughly 45 degree the tail ticks off to.

2 - White Away Jersey

The gold bit on the side of the piping looks a bit thicker than usual. I think it's the same person as abover.

Which of these are 100% correct? and authentic? I don't want to buy crap and I don't want one with names and numbers on it. Hope ya's can help.

don't be too confident buying soccer jerseys from ebay... i bought a blackburn rovers red away kit years ago... the thing i got in the mail was no where near what was in the picture for it.

The fact it's coming from southeast Asia is all you really need to know about if it's counterfit. IT IS. Might be really well done and all, but it's 99% not legit.

HansonsSig.jpg

The fact it's coming from southeast Asia is all you really need to know about if it's counterfit. IT IS. Might be really well done and all, but it's 99% not legit.

Not completely true. For example, my England kit is 100% legit when compared to one bought at Kitbag...but that sucker was so hot I could smell the smoke when I got it in the mail... :P The moral of the story: If it's from SE Asia, and meets all of the requirements for an authentic kit, then it may just have been lifted from the assembly line... :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me crazy.

"Game Worn Replica Jersey"

Uh, if it's a replica, it ain't game worn pal. If you wore it playing pond hockey, it's not game worn, it's used. Big damn difference.

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived