Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

This is the kind of stuff that makes me crazy.

"Game Worn Replica Jersey"

Uh, if it's a replica, it ain't game worn pal. If you wore it playing pond hockey, it's not game worn, it's used. Big damn difference.

Was that a jersey they gave to volunteers or something? I doubt they ever sold a jersey that said "NHL All-Star Weekend presented by Nortel Networks".

1zgyd8w.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another type of ebay auction that just makes me nuts!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATS-SUNDIN-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ230080148345

Here is the auction description in it's entirety - "MATS SUNDIN AWAY JERSEY - SIZE M"

NO photo, NO mention of brand, condition (other than "used") or even what damn color or style it might happen to be!

Oh, the starting bid? $300!! Did I mention shipping is a ridiculous $20?!

"MATS SUNDIN AWAY JERSEY - SIZE M" Gee, Thanks. Could you possibly tell us ANY LESS ABOUT IT?

Moron.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I've been looking for Barry Zito Giants jerseys on eBay and between MLB's general jersey crappiness and eBay's hit-or-miss people I've not yet had any luck. I know the Giants recently made a tiny change to add a thin layer of gold underneath their letters and numbers. But is this only on the home jersey? Or the away jersey as well? How about on the "SAN FRANCISCO" lettering? It's hard to tell from the MLB.com pictures (even the big ones) but it looks to me like all letters, numbers, and emblems are supposed to be black/orange/gold.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I've been looking for Barry Zito Giants jerseys on eBay and between MLB's general jersey crappiness and eBay's hit-or-miss people I've not yet had any luck. I know the Giants recently made a tiny change to add a thin layer of gold underneath their letters and numbers. But is this only on the home jersey? Or the away jersey as well? How about on the "SAN FRANCISCO" lettering? It's hard to tell from the MLB.com pictures (even the big ones) but it looks to me like all letters, numbers, and emblems are supposed to be black/orange/gold.

I hope these help you. They are from the 2007 Style Guide and there is no difference in the lettering from the 2006 season.

GiantsHomeLettering.gif

GiantsRoadLettering.gif

GiantsBattingPracticeLettering.gif

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Thanks. Interestingly, the style guide makes it seem that the road lettering is only two color, but here's a picture of Dave Roberts from a couple days ago in a road jersey where you can clearly see three colors.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pellis/364169146/

The MLB.com pics make it seem like the road replicas are two-color, and the road authentic is three-color.

I guess the lesson here is if I go with a replica, get a home jersey.They appear three-color in the MLB.com pic.

1zgyd8w.jpg

The Giants added the gold layer to the road jersey in 2005. It has been on the home jersey since 2000. The gold shadow is so small on the roads, it does not show up unless you looking at it closely. It would not shock me if the Giants were to drop it.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me crazy.

"Game Worn Replica Jersey"

Uh, if it's a replica, it ain't game worn pal. If you wore it playing pond hockey, it's not game worn, it's used. Big damn difference.

I know for a fact that that is the wrong patch...must be a fan-fest patch...I own both the NA goalie and player authentic jerseysfrom the 2000 ASG, and am a "patch dork," and neither have the wording underneath the maple leaf inside of the star like that "game worn replica" has

I just love this jersey. Perhaps they didn't have the Center Ice Package in Korea back when Starter was having their jerseys made there in the 90's.

7169_1.JPG

Now, is this a positive thing, like the Canuck ascending to new hights at great speed, or is this more of a Sisyphus story, as the Canucks once more plummet back downhill in a futile effort to reach the top? Hmmm...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

heh, more Yahoo wackness for ya...heh, I feel like Dog Chapman right about now...yeah, I got you muthableeper! :D

Bears jersey...WAY too easy for me to rip apart, I'll let yall do it

legendarysigs-img600x450-dscf0997.jpg

and then here's this Spurs gem

meansfan-img600x450-timduncanfront.jpg

meansfan-img600x450-timduncanback.jpg

is this a joke? the Seattle Black Pilots...boy, please.

briancompton111171-img545x342-piole.jpg

I've done a lot of readin on the Negro Leagues, and nowhere are any Seattle Black Pilots ever mentioned. :rolleyes: I figure a historian would be like Mike Jones...WHO?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Something doesn't seem right about this Islanders' throwback jersey

I believe that this person used the current Islanders font and not the period correct font which looks like this

41011-M.JPG

That framed collectible is the only thing on GIS with that style of number. I think that's what's wrong.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I believe that this person used the current Islanders font and not the period correct font which looks like this

41011-M.JPG

That framed collectible is the only thing on GIS with that style of number. I think that's what's wrong.

Here are some Bossy photos. I believe he has the same number font as the collectible. Notice the numbers aren't white

http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/p/01/225/...ssphs016008.jpg

Though here is Billy Smith with white numbers (not sure if there is a blue outline under the white one)

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZBGD...one_smith02.jpg

EDIT- The first picture is of Bossy in a white jersey, not blue

Still, the jersey looks weird to me

41011-M.JPG

Here are some Bossy photos. I believe he has the same number font as the collectible. Notice the numbers aren't white

Though here is Billy Smith with white numbers (not sure if there is a blue outline under the white one)

I mean the bend. In that collectible, there's a bend in the 22. The photos all seem to indicate a straight 22.

1zgyd8w.jpg

41011-M.JPG

I mean the bend. In that collectible, there's a bend in the 22. The photos all seem to indicate a straight 22.

Hell, I'm pretty sure you can see that the "2" on Bossy's sleeve in the picture on the plaque has a horizontal bar in the "2" (correct), juxtaposed nicely with the diagonal bar "2" on the rest of the plaque (incorrect).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

heh, more Yahoo wackness for ya...heh, I feel like Dog Chapman right about now...yeah, I got you muthableeper! :D

Bears jersey...WAY too easy for me to rip apart, I'll let yall do it

legendarysigs-img600x450-dscf0997.jpg

and then here's this Spurs gem

meansfan-img600x450-timduncanfront.jpg

meansfan-img600x450-timduncanback.jpg

is this a joke? the Seattle Black Pilots...boy, please.

briancompton111171-img545x342-piole.jpg

I've done a lot of readin on the Negro Leagues, and nowhere are any Seattle Black Pilots ever mentioned. :rolleyes: I figure a historian would be like Mike Jones...WHO?

Yeah, what that company did is take the name of the Washington Pilots, who played a season in the East-West league, and somehow combined it with the Seattle Pilots to make one franchise out of it.

Archived