Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another beauty I've never seen before.

It's a Gretzky New York Rangers jersey, supposedly signed, with the colors reversed for the numbers. Not much excuse for that since all you have to do is look on the front at the name "Rangers" to get the color order right. Sheesh. That really makes me think it's not only customized wrong, but probably a counterfit Starter jersey as well. Ebay is flooded with the 'double starter' ones lately.

It's selling for $530 since it's signed too.

G6ZMCTZ3FNHV.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

"This is your chance to own a piece of Team Canada history. Sidney wore #9 during his Junior days playing for Team Canada. The Jersey is size XXL, signed in black sharpie, and is one of the sweetest jerseys around. Sidney Crosby is one of the Best player in the NHL and Team Canada . This jersey is sure to be a great addition to any hockey fans collection. I personally obtained this autograph at Mellon Arena after a Penguin practice this year. The picture of Sidney signing is included as proof of authenticity."

eb60_1.JPG

The problem is...

Crosby didn't wear a Swift jersey at the 2005 World Juniors! See the photo below.

crosby_v_germany_2005wjc_wide.jpg

As for the "proof"...

f7e6_1.JPG

Uh, that's just a photo of the guy in a mass of people. The jersey in question isn't even in the photo, much less "proof" of him signing that jersey.

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Here's another one from the same guy selling that Darrent jersey above:

Ben2.jpg

Hey, it's in Castillian ("Spanish" for you if you didn't know it): OCHO = eight, CINCO = five.

Simply the jersey's name told the player number.

Mexican: Señor, who is that player por favor?

Yankee: That one?

Mexican: Si.

Yankee: He is Wayne Gretzky.

Mexican: Better I call him as NUEVE NUEVE.

:lol:

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

man...man...on my mama, it looks like I tried to put the name on there while I was half sleep at 5 in the mornin :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

There's also another guy who's pissing me off. His handle on eBay is demochamps and he's one of those counterfeitters who swears his stuff is authentic and whenever someone leaves negative feedback, he comes back with anger and leaves them some back, especially when someone says his stuff isn't authentic.

Here's another one from the same guy selling that Darrent jersey above:

Ben2.jpg

Look closer, jefe, it's closer to reality than you think...

ocho_275.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

wow. i guess we can start with "well the G is a different font.."

luongo.png

AND THIS GUY WANTS $250??!?!?!??!?!??!

:puke:

If I were a player, I'd refuse to sign something that crappy. Your signature implies some level of endorsement, doesn't it?

HansonsSig.jpg

Usually the player just signs the number. You can buy the autographed numbers to put on jerseys later. There is a very bad Modano NorthStars Jersey on ebay that keeps going around. Modano signed the white 9, and the moron customizer added a black drop shadow later.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBERTO-LUONGO-VANCOUV...1QQcmdZViewItem

wow. i guess we can start with "well the G is a different font.."

luongo.png

AND THIS GUY WANTS $250??!?!?!??!?!??!

Once...just ONCE...I'd love to see the signing player sign (knowing full well it was going on Ebay) with something like "Do NOT buy this crap...signed Roberto Luongo"

OR

Even some wise a$$ player..say...Rick Dipietro....sign it "Crap EBay product...signed..Marty Brodeur"

Talk about REALLY screwing some loser EBay seller...that's how you do it....

Archived