Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been a bunch of bad Gretzky Oilers jerseys floating around lately. It's such an odd combination of making the effort to include everything that a legit jersey would have and getting the details so very wrong / omitting obvious details. The best part, as with any ridiculous fake, is that people are bidding on them.

Here are some of the "highlights":

Shoulder yoke missing the white outline, squared off at the shoulder rather than rounded:

42883656_o.jpg

Old CCM tag at the neck, CCM tags attached:

NHL24-2.jpg

Wrong name font, old style NHL 'puck' logo at hem, new style CCM at neck and sleeve in wrong colours:

42883691_o.jpg

Strangely, this picture makes it looks like they actually copied the old nylon style numbers with the second layer being blue stitching rather than a layer of blue twill:

NHL24-4.jpg

OK, so I see this TCU circa 2000 jersey on ebay and while I know they did have a black alternate, something just doesnt look right about it, was the shoulder and arm trim purple? If anyone knows and could tell me that would be great!

tomlinsonTCUblk1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320104598901

I think it is a fashion jersey. Nike has made a couple other ones.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

This doesn't look bad at first, but just look at the crest, the captain C, the numbers and letters, and their placement. The logo looks like an old Starter crest with the orange puck too big and the wings too small.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHILADELPHIA-FLYERS-PE...1QQcmdZViewItem

8df4_1.JPG

8e11_1.JPG

Oh, and if it's brand new and still in the package, what is it doing on the floor?!

I don't remember them ever wearing anything like this... wow

d6_1.JPG

Yeah... the light blue feathers on the top of the bird' head should come down closer to the eye. And the maple leaf should be thicker.

Frickin' idiots, when will they learn?

:upside:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

d6_1.JPG

You do know that's a fashion hat, right?

I have my doubts that it is -- a logo that's close to the original but still way off, and a blue that's close to the original but still way off.

Fashion hats don't tend to look like cheap forgeries.

Now I'm not saying this isn't a genuine Cooperstown product -- I'm just saying whoever did their research on this was smoking some really really good stuff.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

d6_1.JPG

I have my doubts that it is -- a logo that's close to the original but still way off, and a blue that's close to the original but still way off.

Now I'm not saying this isn't a genuine Cooperstown product -- I'm just saying whoever did their research on this was smoking some really really good stuff.

They're grade A genuine. I saw one of these, but with the old "Cubbie Bear" on it in a Five Below once. Shame it was a size 7.

d6_1.JPG

If they fixed those two things that would probably be my favourite hat.

They're grade A genuine. I saw one of these, but with the old "Cubbie Bear" on it in a Five Below once. Shame it was a size 7.

:blink: Fitted mesh trucker caps? WTF is that about - the reason you go with mesh is to make them on the cheap. Fitted sizes defeat that purpose, Ashton Kutcher be damned.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

:blink: Fitted mesh trucker caps? WTF is that about - the reason you go with mesh is to make them on the cheap. Fitted sizes defeat that purpose, Ashton Kutcher be damned.

Yeah, but those suckers BREATHE. I have a Dodgers one and a throwback Celtics one, and at times it's like I'm not wearing a hat.

Archived