Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5165436450&rd=1

There's my contribution. Anyone who knows the Whalers' number kit knows how ridiculous this looks.

Also, if "vintage condition" means "ripped sleeve and crappy knock-off numbers" then this is a real sweetie.

Too bad a lot of people who really don't know what to look for get screwed by this junk.

Is that White numbers with white trim? classic!

And that jersey is definately not authentic, might not even be a replica -- I have a feeling it's a blank CCM with the crest sewn on.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The granddaddy of all fakes: Terrell Owens 1

This must be the grandmama

Donovan McNabb

To be fair, nowhere in the listing does it say "authentic" jersey.

I actually emailed the place and the response I got was

The description was for a different Jersey. On this Jersey only the signature is authentic. Sorry for the oversight.

I guess technically, they're right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

plop, i think thats impact

You see tons of those at the 'Linc. There's people on nearly every corner selling junk like that. Not just Owens, but the whole damn roster. At least this guy used impact. Some use regular block.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't believe I just posted to the same topic twice in a row.:mellow:

Let's make it three, shall we?

There's my contribution.  Anyone who knows the Whalers' number kit knows how ridiculous this looks.

Also, if "vintage condition" means "ripped sleeve and crappy knock-off numbers" then this is a real sweetie.

Too bad a lot of people who really don't know what to look for get screwed by this junk.

And that jersey is definately not authentic, might not even be a replica -- I have a feeling it's a blank CCM with the crest sewn on.

YOU do notice how the right hand sleve is also ripped...right?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The thing we're all missing here is that the people on here are being deceptive, but they are not lying. Rarely do these say "authentic" or even "replica" in the descriptions. Almost all of them say "swen on lettering" or "retails for..." with the latter probably being the only near lie. Its just a lesson in reading the description. First, make sure it says Authentic in the description and second, ask questions to the seller.

I know most of you knew that, but spread the word to the net savy grandmas out there. :)

I notice a lot of these links have been to eBay auctions by Jersey Store 2000. I DID buy an authentic Terrell Owens 49ers jersey from them last year and it was actually the real deal.

However it did come to me very damaged. Yes, I did get a full refund.

I didn't realize they're selling this obviously fake stuff now. Pathetic.

mainescarf.png

There's my contribution.  Anyone who knows the Whalers' number kit knows how ridiculous this looks.

Your point?

Authentic jerseys can get ripped -- he shows a pic of the rip -- he ain't hiding anything there.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Your point?

Authentic jerseys can get ripped -- he shows a pic of the rip -- he ain't hiding anything there.

I wasnt adressing what you said, I was just too lazy to go back and find the post to respond to it. But I dunno, I just have never seen someone try to sell a ripped jersey, especially one that is fake... :wacko:

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

plop, i think thats impact

You see tons of those at the 'Linc. There's people on nearly every corner selling junk like that. Not just Owens, but the whole damn roster. At least this guy used impact. Some use regular block.

While the use of Impact for the numbers jumps out like a sore thumb, did you also notice that the jersey has the old Eagles logo under the collar, the NFL Shield instead of the "Equipment" logo on the collar, no jock tag and no visible manufacturer label on the sleeves.

Archived