Superbowl unis

Jumpman085

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case someone dosn't know the NFC and AFC alternate home teams each year, not just dark or white, this is why the Cowboys got to wear the whites in all three of their super bowls in the nineties, their homes, as we all know are white.

Interesting fact-the patriots have never won a super bowl where they didn't wear blue.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Just in case someone dosn't know the NFC and AFC alternate home teams each year, not just dark or white, this is why the Cowboys got to wear the whites in all three of their super bowls in the nineties, their homes, as we all know are white.

Interesting fact-the patriots have never won a super bowl where they didn't wear blue.

Another interesting fact-the Eagles have never won a Super Bowl wearing green.....or ever. :D And while that is true of the Pats, you could also say that they've never lost a Super Bowl since the uni redesign in 2000.

The Eagles won the 1960 NFL Championship Game wearing green.

Yes, but that wasn't the Super Bowl. That today would be the equivicant of winning a NFC championship.

How so? That was the entire NFL. The AFL was in it's infancy back then.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Back then it was the Super Bowl even though the AFL existed it was the first year of the league and no way would teh Egales lose to the Oilers if they met. So most recongize the NFL Champ between 1960-1965 before the Super Bowl as the top Champ since its unlikely there would have been a Supe Bowl III style uspet in that era.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Back then it was the Super Bowl even though the AFL existed it was the first year of the league and no way would teh Egales lose to the Oilers if they met. So most recongize the NFL Champ between 1960-1965 before the Super Bowl as the top Champ since its unlikely there would have been a Supe Bowl III style uspet in that era.

They also did say that about Super Bowl III though.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

The Patriots are the only team that have played in the Super Bowl with three succinctly different uniform designs.

Two different helmets: NE, NYG, DEN

Two different uniforms: WSH, SF, NYG, DEN, Rams, PHI

I'm not really counting simple things like a change in number font (DAL, PIT) or the simple adding/change of a color to the helmet (Rams, PHI).

Did I miss anything?

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

World Championships are given to the NFL Champion from 1920-1965

World Championships are given to the winner of the Super Bowl from 1966-present

That's how i always broke it down. Pro Football didn't begin with Super Bowl I.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Except in years when it could be argued that another league's titlist was better (see AAFC, Cleveland Browns, 1946-1949).

nav-logo.png

Except in years when it could be argued that another league's titlist was better (see AAFC, Cleveland Browns, 1946-1949).

I've always thought the term 'World Champion' is a little pretentious and, these days, antiquated. I don't think you'll hear the phrase used in any official context this week. It's simply the 'NFL championship' now, since the game is played elsewhere.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I've always thought the term 'World Champion' is a little pretentious and, these days, antiquated. I don't think you'll hear the phrase used in any official context this week. It's simply the 'NFL championship' now, since the game is played elsewhere.

It's more pretentious in baseball and basketball.

Can the MLB champion be considered World Champion when there is a league in Japan?

Can the NBA champion be considered World Champion when there are leagues in Europe and Asia? Granted, NBA rules differ slghitly from international rules.

Okay, there's NFL Europe and the CFL. NFL Europe's a developmental league for the NFL, and CFL rules are different from NFL rules.

If any American sports league champion could lay claim to being the world's best at its sport, it'd be the NFL.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The Patriots are the only team that have played in the Super Bowl with three succinctly different uniform designs.

Two different helmets: NE, NYG, DEN

Two different uniforms: WSH, SF, NYG, DEN, Rams, PHI

I'm not really counting simple things like a change in number font (DAL, PIT) or the simple adding/change of a color to the helmet (Rams, PHI).

Did I miss anything?

The Eagles have a different helmet design now than they had in SBXV.

The design is still a wing, but it is redesigned, not just black added.

If any American sports league champion could lay claim to being the world's best at its sport, it'd be the NFL.

Seeing as how they're the only ones that play it, sure.

The NHL champs could have a legit claim.

Little known fact... the Patriots have never won a Super Bowl wearing green.

Wrong.

I saw grass stains last year.

It would have to have been last year because that is the only time (before now) that the Pats hadn't played a Super Bowl on artificial turf at the Louisiana Superdome.

Archived