My high school's logo

mac

about two years ago my high school which at the time had not yet been built held a logo contest for the students. The name is celtics pronounced like Keltics (I think it's stupid too) and our colors are forrest green and gold. I didn't really know what to do and at the last minute ended up doing a minnesota vikings ripoff, I thought my submission was really bad and had no chance of winning, but then I saw the one that did win and this is it.

The logo they chose :mad:

It was created by that girl that every school has that gets straight A's is class president your basic overacheiver. Administration said it was the best logo in the contest but you know they just picked it because of who submitted it. Not only that but in an article about the logo she says she "got it off the internet". She stole this piece of crap, she didn't even draw it. Plus it looks like he's crying! Our school mascot is crying!

Anyways this was the logo I made and wanted to know if you could give me any help on how to make it better since there is kind of a logo uprising at this school and I want to get some people to see it, namely miss menke the art teacher.

My logo

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

man, yeah the one they picked was pretty bad. I would think there would have been something with a celtic knot design or something. You could really go crazy with that one.

none of the sports teams use the logo, except for the hockey team which I'm on, we only use it on one shoulder the other has this three cornered celtic knot like you said, and the football team gets celtic knot pride stickers.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

about two years ago my high school which at the time had not yet been built held a logo contest for the students. The name is celtics pronounced like Keltics (I think it's stupid too) and our colors are forrest green and gold. I didn't really know what to do and at the last minute ended up doing a minnesota vikings ripoff, I thought my submission was really bad and had no chance of winning, but then I saw the one that did win and this is it.

The logo they chose :mad:

It was created by that girl that every school has that gets straight A's is class president your basic overacheiver. Administration said it was the best logo in the contest but you know they just picked it because of who submitted it. Not only that but in an article about the logo she says she "got it off the internet". She stole this piece of crap, she didn't even draw it. Plus it looks like he's crying! Our school mascot is crying!

Anyways this was the logo I made and wanted to know if you could give me any help on how to make it better since there is kind of a logo uprising at this school and I want to get some people to see it, namely miss menke the art teacher.

My logo

IS he wearing a turtle shell on his head?

What I would do if I were in your shoes, is print off all these negative posts regarding the stupid-ass lame logo they picked on the forum and just distribute it around school. Show your friends. Show your other classmates as well. Maybe even leave a few pages lying around on a teacher's desk or something.

Now for my opinion on the logo.

It looks really, really, really awful. Ths colours simply do not fit well together in that sort of design, and the two shades of green actually hurts my eyes to look at. The text is plain and unoriginal, and could stand to be a bit thicker. The two yellow shades on the outside are also amatuerish. Again, why two shades of colour with no definition?!

It smacks of a ten-minute rush job. As general concept goes, I don't mind it actually, but they totally need to spent a bit more time losing the multi-shaded bits and add some highlighting and thickening the outlines and text, it still would be a very impressive image.

While yours could also stand a few tweaks and changes, it looks far better than the choosen monstrosity.

Again though, get as much negative opinion as you can, get it on paper, and let people know.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

i prefer the old one too, but here's what I would do to make existing logo better. First of all your guy looks more like a roman soldier, so keep the same concept of old logo just clean it up. Make the lines on the helmet stand out since that's main part what makes it Irish, loose the fro that you have. And whatch out for holes you have created at your logo, the empty spaces inside the face. Imagin putting your logo on dark background, those empty spaces would turn into dark color and that would interfear with logo.

Again though, get as much negative opinion as you can, get it on paper, and let people know.

mac, I couldn't agree with this advice LESS.

Rounding up negative opinions and presenting them en masse to the school's administrators in an effort to get them to dump an existing logo and replace it with your own is, quite frankly, going to come across as nothing more than "sour grapes" on your part. Rather than attempt to sway public and official opinion via negative campaigning, I'd suggest that you take a positive approach to implementing a change.

Start with coming up with an alternative to the existing logo that simply blows the current design out of the water. As much as you may believe that your design is better than the one that school administrators chose, it isn't a "hands down" improvement over what the class president submitted. Frankly, they're both about what you'd expect from entries open to the entire student body of a high school: decidedly amateurish and "rough around the edges". In fact, you admit that your own submission was done at the "last minute" and struck you as "really bad" with "no chance of winning". So, if you yourself weren't inspired enough to put more time and effort into your logo's design, why do you think that it should inspire others to select it as the symbol of your school? A choice between two uninspired designs can go either way; however, a well-thought-out and rendered design will trump a poor logo every time.

Also, give some thought to exactly what your goal is in replacing the existing logo. Do you want a more fitting, better-designed logo selected for your school regardless of who designs it, or are you only interested in having your design used? Again, the latter attitude would indicate to the "powers-that-be" that this is a "sour grapes" issue. If, however, the former is true, you might think about enlisting the aid of a more experienced designer than yourself in the effort to come up with a new logo. Perhaps you know a more experienced artist amongst the students at your school? Maybe Miss Menke would lend you a hand? Maybe someone on this very site would be willing to help you out? Bottom line? Find someone who can help you design a logo that is clearly better than the existing design being used.

If, in fact, there is a "logo uprising" already stirring at your school, it won't take fanning the flames with "negative opinions on paper" to make a change. Once an unquestionably better logo is known to exist, there is a pretty good chance that supporters will rally to it.

Rounding up negative opinions and presenting them en masse to the school's administrators in an effort to get them to dump an existing logo and replace it with your own is, quite frankly, going to come across as nothing more than "sour grapes" on your part. Rather than attempt to sway public and official opinion via negative campaigning, I'd suggest that you take a positive approach to implementing a change.

Yeah, but didn't you know, "Sour Grapes" is my middle name. So is Donald and Steven, but there you go. :P

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Archived