My first Logo

MonoMan

I finally got my hands on illustrator and Photoshop, and thanks to Pat?s tutorial on how to trace I was able to come up with my first logo. Just a quick background, I have no artistic talent so I know this blows but I hope to start producing some more quality work. I just wanted to post this to get my feet wet. I know I have a long way to go to compete. Thanks for the help Pat.

gladiator.gif

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would I say this blows?

No--it shows ability--and with time & practice--this could be real good.

It's a good start--some of the lines are off a bit--but nothing major--bottom line--it's a galdiator helmet & it looks like one...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Thanks for the tips. I will work on getting the lines better. I have just got my feet wet with the program and wanted to post almost as a milestone for me. Like I said, it can only get better.

I agree that this doesn't 'blow' either. This can go somewhere very nice with a little more work. Welcome to the void we call design...lol!!

Another view point may also work, viewing the mask from the front would look cool too and talk to AAO about how to design swords...he's good at those :D

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I'm very encouraged to see so many new people coming out of the shadows lately, and even more encouraged to see so many with talent.

Talent goes beyond being able to draw. It's about conceptualizing as well. I think this is a nice start, and with some extra styling and modification, it could be quite beautiful. Nice work, and welcome to the family!

I'm very encouraged to see so many new people coming out of the shadows lately, and even more encouraged to see so many with talent.

Talent goes beyond being able to draw. It's about conceptualizing as well. I think this is a nice start, and with some extra styling and modification, it could be quite beautiful. Nice work, and welcome to the family!

Nitroseed's observation of the influx of new talent is right on.

Certainly a post like MonoMan's gives him a great opportunity to get some feedback on his first work- for which this forum does so well!

But I think it might be very easy to overlook and miss a very important underlying message about why we might be seeing a lot of newer people showing nice work. As MonoMan makes so perfectly clear, it was Patrick's Tutorial that gave him the knowledge and the comfort level to get his feet wet.

While I know that this board is not an "Illustrator Tutorial board", I do think this post speaks volumes about the amount of impact our experienced and talented veterans can have.

My guess is that many of our talented members haven't created/submitted any tutorials (even those that would like to) due to various reasons including:

1. Simply have not had the spare time (which is totally reasonable and understandable- non of us have enough!).

2. Figure that our members could use other Internet sources for this type of specific information.

3. Possibly underestimate the impact they have on beginners like MonoMan, so many others, and (myself!)

If any of our experienced members fall into the second two (2) categories, hopefully this will inspire them to create and supply TUTORIALS and /or TIPS- as you can see, we do use and very much appreciate them. :D

Of course it doesn't blow. Not many people can give conceptual drawings a 3d feel but you did that right here. Way to go!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Edited for the purpose of reviving this thread.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Retired Number's To Come

Thanks for all the support. I will work on some of the changes to make it a more solid logo. I am still having a hard time incorporating text with my logos. I just thought that in last second to let people know what it was. I never really thought of designing the logo with the text, it would probably make it easier if I did that from the start.

Retired Number's To Come

Retired Number's To Come

Archived