My first Logo

MonoMan

Edited for the purpose of reviving this thread.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edited for the purpose of reviving this thread.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Edited for the purpose of reviving the thread.

Retired Number's To Come

Retired Number's To Come

MonoMan, that's not a bad illustration at all. :grin:

To improve on it as a sports logo, you could make it bolder. Remember that sports logos are often reproduced at small sizes, embroidered, and seen from a distance. For these reasons, they tend to avoid fine detail and have thicker lines.

Retired Number's To Come

Mono - nice work, dude. I like the way you gave the helmet a shine. Very nice. A little extra effort in the nose to make it look rounded, rather than sqaured, will really help this.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Alright, I've done a bit of a Windex job here.

Sorry if I deleted some post portions that you think didn't need to go. I tried to preserve the on topic portions of the posts. I also edited a few posts by folks trying in their own way to defuse the situation... know that I edited your post not because it was inappropriate, but because it contained references to the conflict that we're trying to get past here. It is being dealt with at the moderatorial level.

Now, back to monoman's logo!

Monoman... you've done some good work here! I think a few things that have probably been mentioned but I was too lazy to read are... try using heavier lines to make it look bolder. Sacrifice a bit of detail if necessary, but generally I think the detail is close to optimum level.

As per the wordmark, I'd advise against using straightforward bevel effects, and instead create your own. Bevel effects use gradients to simulate the fade of real light... in logos this is not practical. Perhaps highlight spots where light hits with white, but make it crisp and clean. Also, heavier lines would benefit the wordmark as well.

Personally, as per the logo concept, I think to have a head inside the helmet would make it more dynamic, however I respect what you've done here. That's a nasty looking helmet, which helps make for a terrific debut!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Good job for what you say is your first effort in Ilustrator. I agree with one of the previous non"sanitized for your viewing pleasure" posts...make the outline thicker, it will stand out more.

The shading is a nice touch as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived