Boston Celtics jersey concept

officeglenn

All right, guys, this is an idea that I've had for a while, and finding a decent Illustrator template up here on the boards finally allowed me to do it the way I wanted to do it.

bostoncelticshome.jpg

bostoncelticsaway.jpg

Let me know what you think, good or bad. C'mon, I can take it. ^_^

AAO: Do you think something like Copperplate might work better for the numbers? Or a more angular, traditional font like Machine or Collegiate? I just sifted thru the fonts I have, and those are the ones that jumped out at me as compliments to the Futura in the wordmark.

AAO: Do you think something like Copperplate might work better for the numbers? Or a more angular, traditional font like Machine or Collegiate? I just sifted thru the fonts I have, and those are the ones that jumped out at me as compliments to the Futura in the wordmark.

Don't use Copperplate. It doesn't go with anything in the logo at all. If you use a standard block/varsity font for the numbers, I think it will look better.

Your concept isn't bad, but with the yellow and black, it reminds me of Seattle. The black especially seems forced into the piping around the collar and side panels.

The logo seems superimposed over the stripes on the shorts. Shrink it down so it fits better to the stripes, or just have one version on the front.

It's not bad though. It doesn't scream "Celtics", but it's not a bad concept overall.

Back-to-BackΒ Fatal FortyΒ Champion 2015 & 2016

I like almost all it. As a Celtic fan, I don't like black in the jersey.

Letters and everything, I like.

8.5 over 10!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I think it looks different enough thatn Seattle to work, I kinda like this, not too much black or gold added, but enough to be different than jsut green/white.

Thanks; that's exactly what I was going for. There is some gold and some black in the actual logo, and I tried to bring that out in the unis without losing the dominant green-and-white colour scheme.

Archived