Blue Jays Conference Tomorrow

randyc

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda like Northlands Coliseum. Fluff Skyreach Centre...and Rexall Place. Northlands it is.

BTW, "Centre"? Who's the idiot who suggested that to Old Man Rogers? You know you shouldn't put ideas in his head once the medication has kicked in... <_<

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Kinda like Northlands Coliseum. Fluff Skyreach Centre...and Rexall Place. Northlands it is.

BTW, "Centre"? Who's the idiot who suggested that to Old Man Rogers? You know you shouldn't put ideas in his head once the medication has kicked in... <_<

Although you've gotta think that for out-of-towners, who never really got hooked on any single name, what they hear on the radio/on TV is what they'll remember in the short-term.

i.e. many Edmontonites may still call it Northlands Coliseum, but for me, living in Winnipeg, I knew it initially as Skyreach Centre and now Rexall Place.

Although SkyDome has more of a national identity, it may happen similarly in that context. Torontonians may be hooked on the SkyDome name, but in a few years, maybe there'll be a significant portion of the Canadian population who is very familiar with the name "Rogers Centre".

Even if "Centre" is a dumb name for a ballpark. "Centre" is what you call an arena... "Park", "Field", "Dome", "Stadium", "Coliseum", etc. are what you call a ballpark.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Although you've gotta think that for out-of-towners, who never really got hooked on any single name, what they hear on the radio/on TV is what they'll remember in the short-term.

i.e. many Edmontonites may still call it Northlands Coliseum, but for me, living in Winnipeg, I knew it initially as Skyreach Centre and now Rexall Place.

not always the case, Ned.

Ever since Candlestick Park first became 3Com Park, then recently Monster Park, not just those of us in the bay area stuck to calling it "Candlestick" or "the Stick", but most sports fans outside the bay area and hell, around the world, still know it as and refer to it as "Candlestick".

this is one case in that out-of-towners still know the venue by its original name rather then its most recent corporate sponsor

The name just blows.  Why not "Rogers SkyDome"?

Then everyone would just call it SkyDome -- Marketing 101

Yes, like the "Wachovia Spectrum."

Tis simply the Spectrum.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived