Pantones Question

gbasalmon

Sorry...forgot to answer that one.

I think someone in the printing business could answer that better than I can. All I know is that uncoated Pantones are usually listed as alternates to the coated values.

It's probably better to just use the coated ones all the way around, but I could be wrong.

I think someone in the printing business could answer that better than I can. All I know is that uncoated Pantones are usually listed as alternates to the coated values.

It's probably better to just use the coated ones all the way around, but I could be wrong.

But why use coated when you're most likely not going to use them for what they're actually for? I know everyone on this board wants to use the "correct color" but it doesn't really matter if you use coated or uncoated if you're just posting concepts over the internet like this!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think someone in the printing business could answer that better than I can.  All I know is that uncoated Pantones are usually listed as alternates to the coated values.

But why use coated when you're most likely not going to use them for what they're actually for? I know everyone on this board wants to use the "correct color" but it doesn't really matter if you use coated or uncoated if you're just posting concepts over the internet like this!

Well, there's a different set of RGB values for coated vs. uncoated vs. matte, so I would say that the coated are "truer" to what they should look like on screen.

As far as printing goes, well that's where I have to defer to someone in the business.

I think someone in the printing business could answer that better than I can.  All I know is that uncoated Pantones are usually listed as alternates to the coated values.

Well, there's a different set of RGB values for coated vs. uncoated vs. matte, so I would say that the coated are "truer" to what they should look like on screen.

As far as printing goes, well that's where I have to defer to someone in the business.

Okay, you made a valid point!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

In Photoshop's color picker, if you choose a CMYK or RGB color and then click on "Custom," you will be directed to what Adobe believes to be a close approximation. I'm not sure how accurate this is in print, as I can't recall every trying this on a job.

Hey that's neat. Thanks for the tip! :grin:

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Archived