Sign in to follow this  
randyc

NHL Season GONE

My money's on Dave "the killer" Carlson

(best movie of all time, b.t.w.)

"Here's to all that gorgeous snatch in FLA!"

Hockey will never be the fifth big sport in america (baseball, football, hoops and golf).

What about motorsports?

America watches and attends NASCAR more than they do the same for Professionl hockey. As much as I l love both, that is simply sad.

Hockey will never be the fifth big sport in america (baseball, football, hoops and golf).

What about motorsports?

America watches and attends NASCAR more than they do the same for Professionl hockey. As much as I l love both, that is simply sad.

I just listed the "real 'big 4'"

The following are all bigger than the NHL:

NFL

NCAA Football

Arena Football

NBA

NCAA Hoops

Major League Baseball

PGA

LPGA

Sr. PGA

Men's Tennis

Women's Tennis

NASCAR (the fifth biggest)

IRL/ CART (or whatever it is called)

Figure Skating

Gymnastics

Poker

The NFL needs to fix that because it will only get worse, becuase fo the poor treatment from ESPN

If by some miracle they have a season this year, here's how I'd do it, assuming all teams actually play:

1. No divisions, just conference standings.

2. Home-and-home against each other team in the conference.

3. Playoffs as usual.

Looks like the 2004-05 NHL season is too far too late to start up....so best to cancel the season and getting back to the bargaining table before we lose teh 2005-06 season as well.....unless a miracle happen....which I doubt will happen....

The NFL needs to fix that because it will only get worse, becuase fo the poor treatment from ESPN

Do you think that NFL could go to strike like NHL someday???

What about motorsports?

NFL

NCAA Football

Arena Football

NBA

NCAA Hoops

Major League Baseball

PGA

LPGA

Sr. PGA

Men's Tennis

Women's Tennis

Figure Skating

Gymnastics

Poker

the NHL/hockey of any kind is bigger in canada than anything else, it has to be. i remember hearing 6% of the americans surveyed didn't care that the NHL went on strike so what canada should do is, take our teams has two more to each the west and east and make our own league and take Stanley with us.

What about motorsports?

NFL

NCAA Football

Arena Football

NBA

NCAA Hoops

Major League Baseball

PGA

LPGA

Sr. PGA

Men's Tennis

Women's Tennis

Figure Skating

Gymnastics

Poker

the NHL/hockey of any kind is bigger in canada than anything else, it has to be. i remember hearing 6% of the americans surveyed didn't care that the NHL went on strike so what canada should do is, take our teams has two more to each the west and east and make our own league and take Stanley with us.

Oh, no question it is huge in Canada. The problem is that the economics dictate that as long as there is hockey in the US, players will go there because they can make more money. It is too bad that it is so on the fringe in the US, but that hurts the NHL in Canada as well.