My Patriots Creations for Super Bowl XXXIX

robbman21

I made these two tees for my girlfriend Rachel and her friend Kim to where to work on Saturday.They work at a bread store that is always swamped with customers on SB weekend,and their boss wanted them to do something with a SB theme for the weekend,so she got me to make them these tees.She'll also be wearing hers Super Sunday with me when we watch the game.As always.....enjoy!

RachelJerseyFront.jpg

RachelJerseyBack.jpg

98Falcons.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to add that we really pushed for Kim's tee to be the Eagles so that both were represented,but Kim is really shy and timid and felt like she'd be the odd person out by wearing a tee that didnt match Rachel's(this is no lie).I told Rachel that if any Eagles fans come down on them for appearing "biased" that Rachel should not hesitate to point the finger to Kim that she was supposed to wear the Eagles' tee.

98Falcons.png

now your next test is to get pictures of them modeling them, preferably wet???????? just kiddin man, they look good

Hahaha!Ya NEVER know about me Josh.....keep an eye on the lounge section next week!j/k

98Falcons.png

So...how exactly did you make these?

At very first glance, I thought these were pretty close to the actual jerseys. Then I took a closer look, and I was still impressed. How'd you get the font right, and the Pats logo and SB logo patches? TIPS! I neeed TIPS! B)

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Well I have to give special thanks to Nick for his NFL numbers and letters resource as it proved really valuable on this project and saved me a ton of time that I would have taken to do the artwork myself.Everything was there except for the Super Bowl logo,which I had drawn for the SB Ticket in the World Logo Poker tournament but never used.I was able to put it to use on these tees.The most important thing was my heat-press,which gives it an overall professional "store-bought" look and keeps the numbers from cracking or peeling in the wash.I dont like to give out TOO many tips because I like to use my skills for the purposes of good and I dont want to tip off anyone who could make loads of cash selling things like this.NOT to say that you would or anyone else here on the boards but we never know who is reading this either.

98Falcons.png

Those look great. I actually prefer the look of your shirts to the actual Patriots jerseys. I have always thought that the Patriots' tapered shoulder stripes look dumb and out of place. They would be well-served to get rid of them and make their logo bigger on the sleeves (as you have done).

Edit: I see that you just explained how you did it.

Other than the fact that you used two of Roger Clemens' numbers, these are really awesome.

Those are sweet man, but it woulda been cool if you put "GAY" on the back of the #21 shirt. 

HaHaHa......it's funny that you say that.Whenever me and Rachel started dating I would introduce her to friends as 'Gay'...as in that was her name.It was an inside joke between us(and definitely not intended as a slur of any kind I assure you).She chose #21 because of,well....me.Last night she asked me who on the Pats was #21,I told her RANDALL GAY.Remembering the 'Gay' nickname she fell out laughing and said "Well maybe he wont make a big play Sunday and embarass me in front of all your freinds!".

Hey Robb, think you could make a couple of those badboys for me? How much $$$ would u need?

I would gladly make them for anyone who wants one(or almost any team) for just whatever it costs me to make them.The blank tees are aboout $6 and it's $8-$13

for the transfers plus $4.30 to mail them off.

98Falcons.png

those look very good, though if i may point out one inconsistecy thats staring me in the face because of the six 2s, the 2 in the AI file is slightly off, as the center horizontal part of the 2 should be higher toward the top rather than equidistant from the top and bottom, but thats not a big deal. great execution.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah unfortunately I had these formatted to MS Word before that was pointed out in the 'NFL Numbers' thread.For future Pats jerseys the 2's and 4's will be corrected.If you guys like these tees,just wait til you see the jersey that will make it's debut over the weekend.It is without a doubt the nicest one that I've ever made and it happens to be the FIRST jersey I have ever made for myself.

98Falcons.png

Yeah unfortunately I had these formatted to MS Word before that was pointed out in the 'NFL Numbers' thread.For future Pats jerseys the 2's and 4's will be corrected.If you guys like these tees,just wait til you see the jersey that will make it's debut over the weekend.It is without a doubt the nicest one that I've ever made and it happens to be the FIRST jersey I have ever made for myself.

hey robb why dont we have a champions prize next year of the teams jersey for the rfl? i can make up a world champ patch for them and put teh dream bowl logo on there too, what do ya think?

edit: why the hell was i thinking pat?

Great work. Too bad you made them to look like the future losing team's jersey. :P

Seriously, those things to look real sweet. I still am looking at possibly ordering a jersey from you in the future, I just haven't decided which one yet, because I have four jerseys that I am trying to choose from right now. A few of my options are either a Jim Kelly Bills throwback or a Jay Barker Alabama throwback.

I made these two tees for my girlfriend Rachel and her friend Kim to where to work on Saturday.They work at a bread store that is always swamped with customers on SB weekend,and their boss wanted them to do something with a SB theme for the weekend,so she got me to make them these tees.She'll also be wearing hers Super Sunday with me when we watch the game.As always.....enjoy!

RachelJerseyFront.jpg

RachelJerseyBack.jpg

hey Robb, looks great, don't you get free advertising it though?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

i made a t-shirt with the numbers and such done in sharpie - i do this for alot of teams randomly. ill try to get pics up. I made randall gay cause i thought it would be funny to have gay on the back of my shirt.

Just be careful not to wear that shirt in public. :P

Archived