My Patriots Creations for Super Bowl XXXIX

robbman21

i made a t-shirt with the numbers and such done in sharpie - i do this for alot of teams randomly. ill try to get pics up. I made randall gay cause i thought it would be funny to have gay on the back of my shirt.

Just be careful not to wear that shirt in public. :P

wore it in school and nobody knew who he was.

kids wearing brady jerseys were like..."who the f is that?" which made me think to myself "ah i hate front runners" haha

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know you if you got my e-mail robb, but I'd definitely like to buy a couple of these bad boys off of you. If you could do Patrick Pass #35 and Randall Gay #21, that'd be great.

my e-mail is Dunkachino05@aol.com

hope to hear from you soon bro!

I don't know you if you got my e-mail robb, but I'd definitely like to buy a couple of these bad boys off of you. If you could do Patrick Pass #35 and Randall Gay #21, that'd be great.

haha i just made a Gay jersey

its on the right....yeah....

bostonback2kv.jpg

Dribbble!

QUOTE (DGivens87 @ Saturday, February 5th, 2005 - 23:18:02)

Lol nice work dawgpac...And for my 100th post...I will now talk about how cool it would be to wear a jersey-shirt w/ "GAY" on the back. I'd wear it just to get some reactions...

and yes, I'm comfortable enough in my "straight-ness" to wear something that says "GAY" on the back...as long as it represents my boy Randall Gay!

QUOTE (DGivens87 @ Saturday, February 5th, 2005 - 23:18:02)

Lol nice work dawgpac...And for my 100th post...I will now talk about how cool it would be to wear a jersey-shirt w/ "GAY" on the back. I'd wear it just to get some reactions...

and yes, I'm comfortable enough in my "straight-ness" to wear something that says "GAY" on the back...as long as it represents my boy Randall Gay!

all day i got "are you gay!?!?!" "FFAAGG!!!" and plop like that, it was rather amusing.

Dribbble!

Well I picked this up today and was so excited to finally get it...and I'm sharing it with you guys now.It took me an hour just to press all the letters,numbers,patches,and logos on,and when that was done I looked at it and thought I had made my best jersey ever....and it was for ME!I only got a couple minutes to look at it because I had to rush it to my seamstress Friday afternoon.I picked it up about an hour before kickoff and threw it right on.Now for the jersey specs:Jersey is of Pats 3rd Round 2004 draft pick Cedric Cobbs.I chose Cobbs because he is a former Razorback.This is the first ever jersey that I've made in this way,and after doing it THIS way I may never do it the old way again.What way is that??Well,the numbers are made the same way as a NIKE/Reebok Swingman jersey,with the numbers being only one layer of tackle-twill and the outlines are printed-on.In my case I used the same t-shirts transfers I used for Rachel and Kim's tees and the results were great.I prefer this so much better to stacking layers of tackle-twill and hopeing you're able to line-up the numbers properly so that the outlines are perfectly even when the twill is sewn down.The quality is not as great as an authentic because instead of 3 layers of twill it is only 1,but to the common observer they would never know it.It also saved me TONS of time and material costs.The various patches,logos,and label tags are made the same way with the iamge being printed in reverse on a transfer and then being pressed onto the white tackle twill.The jersey did not come with the red side panel trim,my seamstress sewed that on as well.There is no nameplate,the letters are sewn directly to the jersey but other than that I believe this is the closests to perfect I have come on a jersey.I want to give special thanks to sj32 for giving me the correct measurements for some of the jerseys logos so that it could match the authentics,and to Nick once again for his NFL letters and numbers resource.I'm very interested in hearing what you guys have to say about it,and dont worry about constructive critism because I know it's not perfect or "dead-on" but I still am proud of it nonetheless.Enjoy!!

PatsJerseyCobbsFront.jpg

PatsJerseyCobbsBack.jpg

CLOSE-UP OF "R.K. AUTHENTICS" LABEL/TAGGING

PatsJerseyCobbs4.jpg

CLOSE-UP OF SLEEVE #4

PatsJerseyCobbs3.jpg

CLOSE-UP OF JERSEY FRONT

PatsJerseyCobbs2.jpg

CLOSE-UP OF JERSEY BACK

PatsJerseyCobbs1.jpg

98Falcons.png

Not to be a downer, but you really need to be careful:

Super Bowl XXXIX -- ensuring that merchandise you buy is real 

Thousands of counterfeit National Football League jerseys, caps and other souvenirs have been seized by U.S. agents in Jacksonville as part of a crackdown on the sale of unlicensed merchandise that has flooded into that area because of the upcoming Super Bowl. This report was written by Donna Leinwand and appeared in the USA Today

U.S. Customs agents and local authorities have confiscated more than 20,000 items in 32 raids during the past year. The federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office says the raids represent an unprecedented attempt to stop crime rings from selling knockoff souvenirs that are not licensed by the NFL.

The fake items typically are sold from the trunks of cars, the backs of vans and souvenir stands for cut-rate prices. NFL-licensed jerseys cost from $65 to more than $200; counterfeit jerseys usually are less than $30.

As Sunday's big game gets closer, "we expect more vendors to appear on the street," says John Chakwin, assistant special agent in charge of the Jacksonville office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "We're already seeing it."

He says seizures of counterfeit items on Jacksonville-area streets have led agents to warehouses filled with various goods, including fake Gucci purses, Harley-Davidson products and items with NASCAR logos. In one raid, agents seized 2,400 fake jerseys of NFL teams.

Agents have arrested three unidentified people, including an illegal immigrant from Pakistan who pleaded guilty to counterfeiting and was deported.

Chakwin says Customs agents hope to trace the seized goods to international crime syndicates believed to be involved in smuggling people and drugs into the USA.

"It's a homeland security issue," says Marcy Forman, investigations director for ICE. "Smugglers use the same routes and mechanisms. One day it's goods, the next day it's people or drugs."

Several crime rings sell counterfeit goods to fund other operations, Forman says. Many of the fake items come from China, she says.

The federal agents are working with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and private investigators hired by the NFL, who have helped agents identify vendors who show up at games across the country with unlicensed merchandise.

"This is a particularly intense effort," ICE spokesman Marc Raimondi says.

He says the quantity of seized goods is staggering. "We have hundreds and hundreds of cases of seized stuff ? NFL cellphone covers, T-shirts, jerseys from just about every team."

The NFL expects to sell more than $100 million in licensed Super Bowl merchandise, league spokesman Brian McCarthy says.

The NFL and the ICE say fans should scrutinize the quality and price of souvenirs they consider buying. NFL merchandise has a 1-inch, rectangular hologram with a Super Bowl logo. In one instance, agents seized jerseys that appeared authentic ? except the logo said "NBA" instead of "NFL," Chakwin says.

"If the price is too good to be true," he says, "it's probably counterfeit." This report was written by Donna Leinwand and appeared in the USA Today

I'm not saying that you're trying to sell an item that is blatenly counterfeit, but if the NFL finds out that you're actually selling these, they could come down on you.

Someone who is versed in legal issues could probably shed more light on this...

Not to be a downer, but you really need to be careful:
Super Bowl XXXIX -- ensuring that merchandise you buy is real 

Thousands of counterfeit National Football League jerseys, caps and other souvenirs have been seized by U.S. agents in Jacksonville as part of a crackdown on the sale of unlicensed merchandise that has flooded into that area because of the upcoming Super Bowl. This report was written by Donna Leinwand and appeared in the USA Today

U.S. Customs agents and local authorities have confiscated more than 20,000 items in 32 raids during the past year. The federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office says the raids represent an unprecedented attempt to stop crime rings from selling knockoff souvenirs that are not licensed by the NFL.

The fake items typically are sold from the trunks of cars, the backs of vans and souvenir stands for cut-rate prices. NFL-licensed jerseys cost from $65 to more than $200; counterfeit jerseys usually are less than $30.

As Sunday's big game gets closer, "we expect more vendors to appear on the street," says John Chakwin, assistant special agent in charge of the Jacksonville office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "We're already seeing it."

He says seizures of counterfeit items on Jacksonville-area streets have led agents to warehouses filled with various goods, including fake Gucci purses, Harley-Davidson products and items with NASCAR logos. In one raid, agents seized 2,400 fake jerseys of NFL teams.

Agents have arrested three unidentified people, including an illegal immigrant from Pakistan who pleaded guilty to counterfeiting and was deported.

Chakwin says Customs agents hope to trace the seized goods to international crime syndicates believed to be involved in smuggling people and drugs into the USA.

"It's a homeland security issue," says Marcy Forman, investigations director for ICE. "Smugglers use the same routes and mechanisms. One day it's goods, the next day it's people or drugs."

Several crime rings sell counterfeit goods to fund other operations, Forman says. Many of the fake items come from China, she says.

The federal agents are working with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and private investigators hired by the NFL, who have helped agents identify vendors who show up at games across the country with unlicensed merchandise.

"This is a particularly intense effort," ICE spokesman Marc Raimondi says.

He says the quantity of seized goods is staggering. "We have hundreds and hundreds of cases of seized stuff ? NFL cellphone covers, T-shirts, jerseys from just about every team."

The NFL expects to sell more than $100 million in licensed Super Bowl merchandise, league spokesman Brian McCarthy says.

The NFL and the ICE say fans should scrutinize the quality and price of souvenirs they consider buying. NFL merchandise has a 1-inch, rectangular hologram with a Super Bowl logo. In one instance, agents seized jerseys that appeared authentic ? except the logo said "NBA" instead of "NFL," Chakwin says.

"If the price is too good to be true," he says, "it's probably counterfeit." This report was written by Donna Leinwand and appeared in the USA Today

I'm not saying that you're trying to sell an item that is blatenly counterfeit, but if the NFL finds out that you're actually selling these, they could come down on you.

Someone who is versed in legal issues could probably shed more light on this...

Pantone is correct. Even if you're not representing that these are authentic or officially licensed, the bottom line is that the NFL and its respective teams hold the rights to produce and/or license goods with their team logos, names, uniform styles, etc. Accordingly, even if you want to distribute these among friends and family, not to mention a public forum, the league could institute legal action against you.

Legal action against you = bad

Believe me I DEFINITELY want to watch my step,especially when such a corporate powerhouse as the NFL is involved.My intention here was never to advertise the fact that I could make someone a Super Bowl Pats jersey or ANY NFL team jersey for that matter.I made this solely for myself and wore it last night during the game and it is definitely not for sale.I was just proud of the work I put into it and wanted to show it off to your guys,however I really do appreciate PANTONE and Yale for at the very least looking out for myself as well as the boards' "safety".

98Falcons.png

That Cobbs jersey looks fantastic. Great job on it.

What did you use to print the numbers that you pressed onto the twill? Was it those typical iron-on transfer sheets that you use in your own printer and put onto your own T-shirts? This method looks intriguing and the reason I ask is because me and my friends are starting our own softball team in the spring and we're getting our own jerseys, but we're looking for a cost-effective way of making the names and numbers to put on the backs that is removable. (We're not using our own names either.) I'm also curious how well they hold up after a laundry cleaning.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

What did you use to print the numbers that you pressed onto the twill?  Was it those typical iron-on transfer sheets that you use in your own printer and put onto your own T-shirts?  This method looks intriguing and the reason I ask is because me and my friends are starting our own softball team in the spring and we're getting our own jerseys, but we're looking for a cost-effective way of making the names and numbers to put on the backs that is removable.  (We're not using our own names either.)  I'm also curious how well they hold up after a laundry cleaning.

I'm not trying to take words out of Robbman's mouth but here is how he got the numbering done for one of the posts above:

"Well,the numbers are made the same way as a NIKE/Reebok Swingman jersey,with the numbers being only one layer of tackle-twill and the outlines are printed-on.In my case I used the same t-shirts transfers I used for Rachel and Kim's tees and the results were great.I prefer this so much better to stacking layers of tackle-twill and hopeing you're able to line-up the numbers properly so that the outlines are perfectly even when the twill is sewn down.The quality is not as great as an authentic because instead of 3 layers of twill it is only 1,but to the common observer they would never know it. It also saved me TONS of time."

That Cobbs jersey looks fantastic. Great job on it.

What did you use to print the numbers that you pressed onto the twill? Was it those typical iron-on transfer sheets that you use in your own printer and put onto your own T-shirts? This method looks intriguing and the reason I ask is because me and my friends are starting our own softball team in the spring and we're getting our own jerseys, but we're looking for a cost-effective way of making the names and numbers to put on the backs that is removable. (We're not using our own names either.) I'm also curious how well they hold up after a laundry cleaning.

Yeah just to elaborate more:First off thanks for the compliments on the jersey!Secondly to your question:I know on t-shirts and cotton/poly fabric they wash up well AS LONG AS the first time you ever wash it you do so seperately and turned inside-out.There will be SLIGHT fading but only slight and then it will wear well from then on.As far as the tackle-twill goes,I have always done this to make "patches" and the labels for my jerseys but have not seen many post-wash results.The ones I have seen were ones I made for my nephew,which has mixed results.Some of them held their color nicely on the tackle-twill,while some did not

HOWEVER I am almost certain that is due to my nephew wearing his jerseys constantly and my sister having to wash them almost constantly as well.You said you wanted something removable?Did you mean so that they can be removed for future seasons and replaced with other numbers?Tackle-twill would facilitate this

although the twill I use has a heat-seal backing.I use my heat press to apply them to the jerseys and then from there they are sewn down.I hope this info helps and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

98Falcons.png

Archived