Arizona Cardinals Concept

eddie010

i didnt mention this, but i really like the helmet without a stripe, just because a stripe is so linear, and the logo is so smooth, graceful and flowing, and i dont think they look good together.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

So, on that second alternate logo, my little friend, is that looking on the top like...a maple leaf?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, page four! That's what happens when Semester Two hits you with all it's got, and that's only Week One! Anyhoo...

Once again, many, many thank yous for all the excellent feedback! 'Preciate it! ^_^ I shall adress your comments one by one:

i think the stripe-less pants look great, but i think they'd look better with your secondary (which is GREAT) back on the side of the hip

the helmet doesn't do it for me...too much red, especially with the aways...how about a white helmet with a black cage and red center stripe flanked by black stripes???

to me this would break up the red and gives it more balance

otherwise, this is an OUTSTANDING concept, and i love the "bib" effect on the jerseys

Well, thanks for the critiques. I followed your advice, and the 'A' logo is back where it was. As for the white helmet, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. You may think it gives it more balance, but I tried it with white, and wasn't sold on it.

Absolutely outstanding! I really like this uniform design. The "bib" format is awesome, as is the secondary!

Wow, thanks BiB! He he, BiB praising the 'bibs' on my jerseys! The ironing is delicious! (Credit: Bart Simpson)

I like the white numbers, but I think that it think you could try either a copper outline with a black pinline or a black outline with a copper pinline around the numbers.

I'd have to shoot down that idea, sorry man. With two outlines on the numbers, they would look too busy, and the dominating white part of the numbers would look too thin, hence becoming less dominant, in my opinion.

i didnt mention this, but i really like the helmet without a stripe, just because a stripe is so linear, and the logo is so smooth, graceful and flowing, and i dont think they look good together.

I'd have to agree with you, good call. The helmet stripes are gone!

my little friend

Wrong.

on that second alternate logo

Wrong.

is that looking on the top like...a maple leaf?

Correct! Hmm, batting .333 ain't so bad. That 'second alternate logo' has nothing to do with the Cardinals. It's simply my personal logo that I place on every work that I do, incase you haven't noticed.

And now, without further blabbering, my second revised Cards conccept:

az-cardinals-concept-rev02.gif

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I really like your latest revision. My only critique surround the numbers, specifically (like someone else mentioned) the lack of black on the home set. I think they need some black to balance them with the rest of the uni. Also, if this font wasn't already used by the Titans, I'd say I like it with this set, but since it is taken, maybe a custom would work better?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Very nice. The home looks much better with white numbers,though they will stand out even more if they were outlined in black.

I'm still not sold on the bib idea, and here's why...if you have wide side panels that flare out towards the waist, and you don't have any striping on the pants, the jersey will almost look like a bib on its own. Extending the striping underneath the numbers on the front and back may look different depending upon the amount of the jersey players tuck into their pants. Especially if you have a Gilbert Brown-size player, then the bottom of the bib area might not even reach down as far as the rib cage.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hot Dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

OF course, we wouldn't see these until NOvember becuase of the Arizona heat but it won't matter once the new stadium opens with a retractable roof!!!!!!

Hot Dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Glad to see someone's enthusiastic! :D

JP, what did you want me to do about the 'bibs'? Seems they've been bothering you a whole lot, but it's the whole premise of the concept. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Do you suggest I make the bibs higher? Or should I just get rid of them altogether?

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Archived