The Miami Marlins

Blackjack76

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Marlins have toyed with this Miami idea before - I think it was when Henry was still the owner.  For one year their BP hats had M's on them.  It was a stylized M with the fish around it, very much like the regular hats they still wear.  I couldn't find a picture of it though...

36_1.JPG

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

The Marlins have toyed with this Miami idea before - I think it was when Henry was still the owner.  For one year their BP hats had M's on them.  It was a stylized M with the fish around it, very much like the regular hats they still wear.  I couldn't find a picture of it though...

36_1.JPG

I love that hat. I wasn't too keen on the logo itself, but seeing it on a hat makes it look great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

This is good news, Miami Marlins sounds a thousand times better than Florida. No pro team should have the state's name in the title.

I don't know. Does "Arlington Rangers" sound better than "Texas Rangers"?

Who is this Murphy and when did he become the law?

No pro team should have the state's name in the title.

Haha, riiight...

Bronx Yankees

Flushing Mets

Arlington Rangers

Minneapolis Twins

Denver Rockies

Phoenix Diamondbacks

East Rutherford Jets

East Rutherford Giants

Minneapolis Vikings

Raleigh Panthers

Nashville Titans

Tempe Cardinals

Foxborough Patriots

East Rutherford Nets

Oakland Warriors

Minneapolis Timberwolves

Manhattan Knicks

Indianapolis Pacers

Salt Lake City Jazz

East Rutherford Devils

Raleigh Hurricanes

St. Paul Wild

Denver Avalanche

Uniondale Islanders

Manhattan Rangers

Sunrise Panthers

They all sound sooo much better. :rolleyes:

(did I miss any?)

Haha, riiight...

Bronx Yankees

Flushing Mets

East Rutherford Jets

East Rutherford Giants

East Rutherford Nets

Manhattan Knicks

Manhattan Rangers

(did I miss any?)

remember, NEW YORK is also the name of one of the biggest CITIES in the world. some of them, if not all of them, represent the CITY of new york, not necessarily the whole state. :D for note, bronx and manhattan arent cities, and new england isnt a state.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

remember, NEW YORK is also the name of one of the biggest CITIES in the world. some of them, if not all of them, represent the CITY of new york, not necessarily the whole state. :D for note, bronx and manhattan arent cities, and new england isnt a state.

Yes, the city is New York City not New York.

You know, like Oklahoma City...

I love how everytime someone mentions a name change of a team that involves the location, they list all the ones that should be changed. We get it and it's not funny. There's like 4 other threads just like this. It's retarded and I should know. I did it a few months ago.

This is good news, Miami Marlins sounds a thousand times better than Florida. No pro team should have the state's name in the title.

I don't know. Does "Arlington Rangers" sound better than "Texas Rangers"?

Actually, yes

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

remember, NEW YORK is also the name of one of the biggest CITIES in the world. some of them, if not all of them, represent the CITY of new york, not necessarily the whole state.  :D for note, bronx and manhattan arent cities, and new england isnt a state.

No, the city is New York.

remember, NEW YORK is also the name of one of the biggest CITIES in the world. some of them, if not all of them, represent the CITY of new york, not necessarily the whole state.  :D for note, bronx and manhattan arent cities, and new england isnt a state.

No, the city is New York.

actully i think it is new york city.

New York City (officially named the City of New York) is the largest city in the United States and the world's most important center for global finance and communications.

New York City (officially named the City of New York) is the largest city in the United States and the world's most important center for global finance and communications.

City of New York. Which means New York. Which means not a state name for those teams...except the Islanders.

City of New York. Which means New York. Which means not a state name for those teams...except the Islanders.

You could argue the Islanders are using the city name because they don't represent upstate.

Haha, riiight...

Bronx Yankees

Flushing Mets

Arlington Rangers

Minneapolis Twins

Denver Rockies

Phoenix Diamondbacks

East Rutherford Jets

East Rutherford Giants

Minneapolis Vikings

Raleigh Panthers

Nashville Titans

Tempe Cardinals

Foxborough Patriots

East Rutherford Nets

Oakland Warriors

Minneapolis Timberwolves

Manhattan Knicks

Indianapolis Pacers

Salt Lake City Jazz

East Rutherford Devils

Raleigh Hurricanes

St. Paul Wild

Denver Avalanche

Uniondale Islanders

Manhattan Rangers

Sunrise Panthers

(did I miss any?)

Last time I checked it was still called New York city. I didn't say they had to specify burrough. And I do think most of those sound better actually.

Oh. if only our founding fathers had paid more attention to their British geography.

Ideally it should be New York for the city and New Yorkshire for the state.

(Like Worcester and Worcestershire, Hampton and Hampshire, etc.)

As for the Islanders, let's just be glad they didn't go with Long Island Islanders, that would just be idiotic.

Or the could just be the "Ers", although on Long Island (I was born and raised)

it would be the "Izz" as in...

A New Yawk Islanduh..... Tree New Yawk Islandizz, Fuggedaboudit!!!!

If the Rangers changed to Arlington from Texas, it'd kinda defeat the purpose of the name. I'm pretty sure the name "Texas Rangers" is derived from the actual Texas Rangers (a mounted fighting force in the Texas Revolution and eventually became the law in Texas; They are now joined with the state highway patrol).

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived