NHL Anniversaries

Puckguy14

That 4-way tournament wouldn't work that well. The AHL is a higher level than the other three. Not to say the ECHL couldn't beat the AHL in one game, but it's not likely a tournament round would consist of different level teams.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Two things can happen to the Cup.

1) They leave the 2004-2005 space empty.

2) They engrave the next winner without skipping any spaces.

I think they should leave a blank space. Let all the players who supposedly want that cup so bad see the gap they left with their greed.

Here's the thing...after the Lightning won the cup, they took up the last available space. They'll now have to add a new ring to the bottom. But which of the thirteen spaces do they leave blank? And do they still leave it blank when a new champion is crowned 14 years from now or add yet another ring?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think they should leave a blank space. Let all the players who supposedly want that cup so bad see the gap they left with their greed.

Here's the thing...after the Lightning won the cup, they took up the last available space. They'll now have to add a new ring to the bottom. But which of the thirteen spaces do they leave blank? And do they still leave it blank when a new champion is crowned 14 years from now or add yet another ring?

They won't leave it blank, they'll engrave 2005-06 as the next champion -- there was a thing about this on sportsnetnews

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If I am doing my math correctly Buffalo and Vancouver would have had a 35th Anniversary this season. Question is, do they just skip it and the 35th is symbolized by greed and no games, or does the 35th season/year start when the league starts up again?

Wow, that's funny!! Ten years ago I ask John Muckler the same question about the Sabres 25th anniversary.

Hey, I was 11.

If I am doing my math correctly Buffalo and Vancouver would have had a 35th Anniversary this season.  Question is, do they just skip it and the 35th is symbolized by greed and no games, or does the 35th season/year start when the league starts up again?

Wow, that's funny!! Ten years ago I ask John Muckler the same question about the Sabres 25th anniversary.

Hey, I was 11.

Curious to know his response. It might give us an idea of what to expect.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Hey, I was 11.

Curious to know his response. It might give us an idea of what to expect.

Actually, he was kind of sure. He said, "I would imagine so."

(NOTE: the Aud had a tour for local businesses and sponsors during the lockout and I went with my father as he got an invitation.)

I think that they should leave an entire ring (maybe a small one) to the bottom of the Stanley Cup.

It should read:

"Between September 2004, and June 2005, the game of hockey got shut out by greed, stubborness, and stupidity."

Or

"NHL and NHLPA def. NHL Fans"

Or, just simply,

"2004-05 No Winner"

Man, people looking at the Cup 20 or 30 years from now are just gonna shake their heads at this.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Archived