Madden cfl project begun

Phil

Thanks for the bump Snowcap.

Now, after a short hiatus, I am back and unveiling the Brandon Bulls*. This logo took me forever to come up with, but I am pleased with the result. It has some obvious Bobcats roots (which itself doesn't necessarily rank as great in terms of logos, but provided me with some inspiration in terms of colours etc), but began and ended in different places logo-wise compared to Charlotte's new team.

Tell me whatcha think.

*copying & pasting not required.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the bump Snowcap.

Now, after a short hiatus, I am back and unveiling the Brandon Bulls*.

I had a fantasy baseball team in the 80s called the Brandon Irons.  This is good too, though :)

Just make the primary uniforms orange, and all will be well.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• 2 weeks later...

The Bulls' Logo has been revised. Check it out, and tell me what you think of the update. In the process of revising the logo, I lost all copies of the earlier version (oops :;):), so you'll have to either work from memory, or give me a clean slate here.

...and thanks for the bumps guys. If I start doing my part and regularly updating this, maybe it'll help keep it off the fourth page. But comments (on all the logos, not just the latest one) are very much desired.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Thanks for the compliment... Keep them coming. Also, suggestions as to a name for a Saskatoon team, although likely called something other than 'Saskatoon'. (Some I came up were North Prairie s and Wheat City s).

And although Dullsville is logical, let's keep it realistic. :;):

And I still wanna hear your Bulls comments.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I've tried it without the silver, and it didn't look as good IMHO. It also helps keep it from looking too much like the Texans. (True story: I was playing Madden today when I saw the Texans logo, and the first thought that came to mind was Brandon Bulls... oh well, when I later compared the two, the position of the head was the only major similarity I could find.)
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 3 months later...

The funny thing is, I think you mentioned that about the earlier version... we'll see what I do about it...

Until then, for your viewing pleasure, we have the logo for the newly formed North Prairie Owls, based in that great bastion of agricultural urbanism, Saskatoon. The colours are the Redskins', everything else is new goodness.

North Prairie Owls Logo.gif

North Prairie Owls Logo

Comments, questions, criticisms, suggestions... please reply below.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hmm...

That's not a logo I wanna stay at and over analyze, as I'm sure I could find quite a few things. I think it's just one of those logos that works really well, though, too...

I didn't really give you any idea with what I just said, I don't think I have an idea.

I know I like it though...

Very nicely produced, that is for sure,

good variance between stroke weight.  I think the new owls one looks very much like temples, but its an easy coorelation, with the colors being so similar.  

I think the bulls is very nice, but i think its somewhat intricate, and the simple triangle eye kind of contrasts that strangely.  Maybe a little more defination in that, using the silver?  

But very nice, and well executed id say.

I have a bunch done already, and I will do one or two more... and I have an idea for a St. John's Pirates redesign that might end up looking vaguely like the Mutiny logo Nitroseed did a little while ago (it happens to pop up momentarily in EZ Street's avatar).

Looking for good team names for a team out of Victoria or Kelowna.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I've got a suggestion for Victoria.  Overlook the obvious (heritage, tradition, seniors, etc.) and come up with something snappy. Like, say, the Victoria.....Salmon Kings.   :P

I'm not sure what you'll come up with, but it will surely be better than that abomination.  If you went with Kelowna (which would be a great choice), there are plenty of decent possibilities.  Unfortunately I have no imagination so I can't help you there.

Love what you've done so far.

.......did i hear my name........ Yes, Nitroseed's mutiny logo is in my avatar. I have a fantasy team and i like it so much i used it. You can't see it at this moment beacuse of where i host my image (damn bandwith). One thing i noticed about that logo is that is similar to the Peoria Pirates logo. I'm not knocking Nitroseed, cause i like his logo better  :D

Comparing the two logos:

http://www.geocities.com/easystreet19/Logos/compare.jpg

SyPhi, nice job by the way i like the logos you've made.

The Orlando Mutiny are 3-2 in my league.

Archived