SB XXXIX Thread

TFoA

Wow, I think someone's said this before, but the city of Boston is on a freaking mission. It's like they're making up for decades of mediocrity :P

at least when it comes to baseball and football. I'm sure the Celts sure made up for the Sox and Pats during that time.

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I think someone's said this before, but the city of Boston is on a freaking mission. It's like they're making up for decades of mediocrity :P

at least when it comes to baseball and football. I'm sure the Celts sure made up for the Sox and Pats during that time.

I'm counting college basketball too {B.C.}, and Kerry's blowout-but-at-least-he-got-there run for president. :P

woah. anyone see the new Nike mask s commercial just on. sweet

That has been on for about 1/2-1 month

So has the hype about T.O.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Man, that was a tough loss, i couldnt even move. After all these great games, McNabb decides to blow it now and ruin his entire season. Great effort by COREY DILLION, he deserves this one.

FIXED

corey dillon? are u joking? He had an average game (about 4 ypc) not to mention 1/4 of those yards came on one run and he got owned in the first half. TO was playing on a career risking injury and caught 9 balls for 122. Not even close.

Howard1.jpg

There's always next year. It's a sentiment Philadelphia fans certainly know plenty about. This is now the 86th professional season completed in the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB combined since the Sixers won the 1983 NBA Finals in which Philadelphia is not the league champion.

So you'd think this would be a feeling to be used to. It still sucks. If I weren't physically ill with a touch of the flu, I'd be sick anyway. Vats of chicken noodle won't do much to undo losing the Super Bowl.

Did the Patriots win? Yes. Did they play a great game? They played enough of a game to beat the Eagles.

The Eagles beat themselves? Four turnovers. Poor clock management when there was a still a chance for a comeback. Not kicking deep when you are down 3 with under 2 to go and two timeouts. Excuses aside, New England was the better team.

Owens was a warrior. Could anyone have predicted the game he wound up having? One or two of those completions into open space would have been touchdowns with T.O. at 100%. Deion Branch was SB MVP. Good day to be a wide receiver in Jacksonville.

Small consolation: the Eagles gave the Patriots their closest game this playoffs. The Eagles actually held a lead, despite being from the inferior NFC. Perhaps redemption lies in the airplane hangar next to Comerica Park next February, in Super Bowl XL.

Yep, next year. How long until training camp?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Terrell Owens played about how I expected. His stats were a little better than expected, but if they called that pick that Freddy Mitchell had on the defender, T.O. would've had about 40 less yards and 1 less catch.

And if Ty Law is healthy, Terrell Owens gets remarkably less than what he had. :D

I think the Patriots were clearly the better team in that game. The Eagles had chances to put some distance between them and the Pats in the first half, and the Patriots would not let them, that's what a good team does. When the Patriots got rolling, they looked unstoppable.

If Andy Reid is the second best coach in the NFL... the difference between #1 and #2 showed to be huge. The Eagles looked to be in a state of panic late, and were one play behind the Patriots for that entire second half.

Had the Patriots not played so conservative in the first half, waiting for the Eagles to make the mistakes, that game could've been a lot more than 3.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived