The Ref's New Lids

JamesCraven

So, while watching the game, did anyone notice the NFL shield front and center on the officials' caps? Comment, for right now, I'm not in a mood 'cause my Iggles lost.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

So, while watching the game, did anyone notice the NFL shield front and center on the officials' caps? Comment, for right now, I'm not in a mood 'cause my Iggles lost.

I don't really like the logo on the front of the hats. The logo is already small and on the back, where it should be. It makes them look like baseball hats. We saw enough of them, as there were plenty of penalties called on the 3-time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The only referees in my area that wear hats with logos on them are NCAA referees. Their hats have a small ECAC logo near the back, almost 3/4 way around on the right side. Nothing else. I don't know about div. I refs, just I-AA and under.

Yo, Tanker. I don't think they're available for sale.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I like em they look better with the Shield on it and I bet they sell them now too I brought AL and NL caps years back maybe Ill buy these

i remember having a catalog a couple years back, and one of the hats in it was an NL plate ump cap. shoulda ordered one, i miss those.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's not like referee caps are worn as fashion statements. Those who wear referee caps are most likely referees. And one would be reprimanded for wearing the NFL referee cap in a non-NFL game.

The AL and NL caps are different. Most little league games in my area are divided in their respective towns between American and National Leagues, so it's not that much of a big deal.

Check www.honigs.com or www.pluspos.com to see if the referee caps are available. I doubt it, but you never know. You can get the black MLB umpire caps there.

I like em they look better with the Shield on it and I bet they sell them now too I brought AL and NL caps years back maybe Ill buy these

I didn't mind them myself. It's not like they put an advertisers logo like the English Premier League ref's jerseys (Emirates)

Too bad MLB decided to go with the standardised MLB caps insted of the AL and NL caps. I enjoyed them.

I saw, I came, I left.

It's something that I thought looked kind of dumb and out of place. The white hats (refs) looked okay, but the black hats (everyone else) looked really bad. It was just unprofessional looking.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Not to take this OT, but did anyone notice that the NFL logo is on the field goal net? How long has that been there, or was it also "making its debut" last night?

I think they have done that in previous Super Bowls. Nice to see someone noticed.

I saw, I came, I left.

Not to take this OT, but did anyone notice that the NFL logo is on the field goal net? How long has that been there, or was it also "making its debut" last night?

I think they have done that in previous Super Bowls. Nice to see someone noticed.

I surely don't remember that in any previous game. I can check my tapes to verify as I have taped every one since 1991. :D

sig1.gif

I wonder whether this change to the ref's caps was just for the super bowl or is it permanent?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived