City Dynasty

November

Well in '86 the Sox "almost" won the World Series, the Patriots "almost" didn't get steamrolled by Da Bears, and the Celtics actually DID win the NBA Championship.

The closest we've come to that was back in 2002 after the Patriots won SB XXXVI, the Bruins and the Celtics were both in their respective playoff brackets (ultimately losing as per ususal) and the Sox just sucked as they should...stupid curse ending world series run thing.....yay?

(*thanks*)

I don't think any city has had three titles at the same time but there are multiple cases of two at a given time. Pittsburgh (NFL/MLB) in '79-80 and LA (NBA/MLB)in '88, NY in (MLB/NFL)'86-'87, Oakland (MLB/NBA) '74/75, Baltimore ('70-'71) I don't know if the Lakers and Angels of 2002 count. ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

didnt NY have the Jets.Mets  and Knicks in 69?...

And how did the Islanders or Rangers go in those years anyway?

Close, but no cigar. clintoncigar.jpg

The Islanders first season was 72-73 so they didn't go in 1969...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Cities with all four:

Phoenix

SF/Oakland

Denver

Miami

Atlanta

Chicago

Baltimore/DC

Boston

Detroit

Twin Cities

NYC

Philly

Dallas

None are really knocking on all four doors right now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Multiple titles aren't that rare really. All forur big titles in one city would be something of a coincidence more than anything else. Although the Celtics may make the playoffs this year and who knows maybe the bruins might get a freak title out of a shortened NHL year?? Ok maybe not!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Cities with all four:

Phoenix

SF/Oakland

Denver

Miami

Atlanta

Chicago

Baltimore/DC

Boston

Detroit

Twin Cities

NYC

Philly

Dallas

Who is the NHL team in SF/Oakland?

Also, DC has all 4 now so you don't need to link them with Baltimore.

Some of those cities have had some dominant teams in the past in single sports. I just can't see them getting it all together.

Take for instance Detroit. Right now, they have the Pistons and Red Wings who do pretty well. The Lions are getting there but the Tigers have a long way to go for a championship.

Same in Boston. The Red Sox and Patriots are hot but the Bruins have tighter pursestrings than almost any other U.S. NHL team and the Celtics will continue to be 5-8th place in the East for a while.

i'm assuming he is refering to the sharks. being that they are bay area.

Boston and Foxborough is on the edge too but considering the difference in population between San Jose and Foxboro, I let it slide. Same with Auburn Hills and Detroit. San Jose is just way too big to be considered part of one city with SF or Oakland.

i'm assuming he is refering to the sharks. being that they are bay area.

Boston and Foxborough is on the edge too but considering the difference in population between San Jose and Foxboro, I let it slide. Same with Auburn Hills and Detroit. San Jose is just way too big to be considered part of one city with SF or Oakland.

i was going with media markets. That way I did not have to discount Minnesota because the Wild play in St. Paul while the rest play in Minneapolis, or other places who have some teams in the suburbs.

Maybe San Jose is not as close to SF/Oak as I thought...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I believe though that San Fransisco, Oakland, and San Jose are in the same MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) as designated by the US Census, and i know for sure it is the same TV Market. So i dont think its a huge stretch to consider them the same "metro area". Certainly you couldnt claim it to be part of san fransisco per se, but it is certainly in the "bay area".

As for Auburn Hills and Foxboro, i mean c'mon thats just splitting hairs.

Azzuri.gif

I believe though that San Fransisco, Oakland, and San Jose are in the same MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) as designated by the US Census, and i know for sure it is the same TV Market. So i dont think its a huge stretch to consider them the same "metro area". Certainly you couldnt claim it to be part of san fransisco per se, but it is certainly in the "bay area".

San Jose is 45 miles away and has over 850,000 people. Foxborough and Auburn Hills, while almost the same distance, combined don't even have 10% of that.

San Jose is 45 miles away and has over 850,000 people. Foxborough and Auburn Hills, while almost the same distance, combined don't even have 10% of that.

The size and population of San Jose doesnt change my assertion that they are the same TV market (as decided by neilson). I didnt just pull that out of thin air.

as for Foxboro and Auburn Hills, those teams are clearly meant to draw fans from the boston metro area and the detriot metro area respectivly, saying those teams dont count would be rediculous.

Azzuri.gif

(*thanks*)

I don't think any city has had three titles at the same time but there are multiple cases of two at a given time. Pittsburgh (NFL/MLB) in '79-80 and LA (NBA/MLB)in '88, NY in (MLB/NFL)'86-'87, Oakland (MLB/NBA) '74/75, Baltimore ('70-'71) I don't know if the Lakers and Angels of 2002 count. ^_^

You forgot Falcons (05-06 season) and Braves (06 season)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived