Kansas Picks its Blue

artvandelay

I'm glad they chose the royal blue. That's the color I always associate with Kansas...especially since they are known for their b'ball program. It always bothers me when a school can't unify their colors.

KISSwall09.jpg

Interesting.  Hope it's the start of a trend.

Mr. Attanasio, I'm looking at you....  :D

Mr. Attanasio: This man does not represent me (along with many other like-minded Brewers fans)...

QPR%20Sig.png

When KU was founded part of the founders wanted the colors to be Harvard Crimson and the other half wanted Yale Blue, so they compromised, Crimson and Blue. Yale blue is more navy, this shade of blue is garbage (and I am a student so I can say that). Its too bad the university couldn't spend the money on something useful like more computers or GTA salaries. :cursing:

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

"We want to bring back that ?big blue' concept," he said. "KU is considered worldwide as one of the blue franchises, like the Dodgers, Cubs and IBM.

I believe my school should be on that list way before Kansas should. Kansas wears red out on the court, thats something a big blue franchise does. And their crisis with navy is laughable. Kentucky is in the big blue club.

Well my big blue rolled through Rupp Arena this year and broke your big blue's spirit soxsteeler :P They're both on the list in my opinion.

And Avenger, I didn't march the Scouts, I marched with Capital Sound for a few seasons, but I would have gave my left arm to have marched for Madison.

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

And Avenger, I didn't march the Scouts, I marched with Capital Sound for a few seasons, but I would have gave my left arm to have marched for Madison.

...and been stuck on a bus with all those dudes for an entire summer? What a cackfest! :P

J/K... I used to be in BK's pit.... I still do their indoor percussion line, actually.

This is great news! Kansas is literally reversing the trend.

Yeah, nationwide it seems that darker colors sell better, but there's still plenty of royal blue on the campus in Lawrence. Poor Mangino. His dream is ruined. Now if only they'd use that cool basketball number font on the football uniforms.

The two best things about this move are that the student section at the football games will stand out more, because of the brighter color, and the fans and team will match the new royal blue trim at Memorial Stadium.

I couldn't be happier.

Kansas football went to Navy to earn their own identification, something they couldn't get while the Basketball team was being successful . They got away from the Royal Blue during Mason's tenure in the 90s. They took the bird off and added the "Kansas" text and "KU" over the past 10+ years.

It was always royal blue when I was a kid going to the KU Basketball games with my grandfather (he was the team doctor for the football team for a number of years - he was also friends with Gale Sayers and John Riggins; I read several letters to my grandfather from these "some-what" talented football greats :D "

Anyway - I am glad they set that straight - I like the Royal blue better.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!kansas_jayhawks_med.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Well my big blue rolled through Rupp Arena this year and broke your big blue's spirit

how many national championships do you guys have again? weren't you favored to beat us in that game? what about the villanova game? see you guys in the tourny.

Who Cares?

Archived