Montclair State new logos

jefrsn

"That is actually the work of Joe Bosack, not Phoenix Design Works."

It is?? Sorry to disappoint you Bradley, but this is NOT our work. I have been responsible for some less than inspiring marks in my career (the ECHL league logo comes to mind) but this is not one of them.

--

If a logo is rooted in sound design principles then we can look at it objectively and even though it may not be our cup of tea (and this particular one is not mine) - we can respect it for what it is, a well designed mark. This logo however, shows a complete lack of understanding of even the most basic design principles. Not to mention it's sheer lack of creativity. It shares many of the same features of not only one, but two other marks designed and delivered by the very same firm. I do understand that similarities do unknowingly happen from time to time - I have experienced that first hand. But to deliver three marks to three different clients that are confusingly similar is not only wrong, but negligible.

I like to believe that our clients hire us to deliver compelling, unique and practically effective marks. Apparently that is not the case with other firms as this isn't any of those things. The sad part is that in the end, the only loser is Montclair State.

"That is actually the work of Joe Bosack, not Phoenix Design Works."

It is?? Sorry to disappoint you Bradley, but this is NOT our work. I have been responsible for some less than inspiring marks in my career (the ECHL league logo comes to mind) but this is not one of them.

--

If a logo is rooted in sound design principles then we can look at it objectively and even though it may not be our cup of tea (and this particular one is not mine) - we can respect it for what it is, a well designed mark. This logo however, shows a complete lack of understanding of even the most basic design principles. Not to mention it's sheer lack of creativity. It shares many of the same features of not only one, but two other marks designed and delivered by the very same firm. I do understand that similarities do unknowingly happen from time to time - I have experienced that first hand. But to deliver three marks to three different clients that are confusingly similar is not only wrong, but negligible.

I like to believe that our clients hire us to deliver compelling, unique and practically effective marks. Apparently that is not the case with other firms as this isn't any of those things. The sad part is that in the end, the only loser is Montclair State.

Oops! My bad, Joe. I know we had talked about this the other day I believe, and I was under the impression that this was yours. My apologies!

So... whose is it?

SWEET LOGOS

i have no clue about this stuff does it take a long time to design a logo?

i wish i had the talent to do it my self it really looks like somthing fun to do but my computers skills are in the harware department but i think designing is the sweetest of all :D:flagcanada:

It's got to Phoenix. Between beveled Berthold City, to many highlights/shadows and the same layout as virtually every other logo they've ever done, I'd be very suprised if it wasn't them.

And it's a hell of a relief that Joe didn't do this one... For a second there, Brad, you had me worried. :P

Archived