soccer booting racism

Discrim

i would argue that europe is indeed more racist overtly than america. they can get away with it because their countries have been around for thousands of years. the US is a land of immigrants, there is no real group or race who could claim it, well except for the indians (but even they were immigrants, they just got here alot earlier) so you cant say "this is my land and i dont want you here". even though some americans do say this, it is factually wrong. europe has stressed differences for so long that it has been ingrained in people's behavior. you could see in its blatant form with the Nazi's. i would argue that even today europeans think that their country must consist primarily of their own kind so to speak. there is a constant ongoing rivarly between all the countries, just ask a British guy what he thinks about Italians, Spaniards, French, etc. but i do see changes occuring. the EU and its open borders policy of immigration meaning any citizen of an EU state can reside anywhere in the EU. this will hopefully alleviate the problem of nationalistic hatred and might lead to lessen the racism there towards non-whites. but i dont know if this Nike thing is actually going to help matters. it seems more like a marketing ploy to sell more jerseys. euro soccer fans might actually think about it for a day, but will probably just brush it off and continue thier old ways. if you think about it, america was overtly racist up until the civil rights movement. i would doubt that europe has had something of this magnitude happen over there. americans have learned that we cannot do or say things in public or offend anyone in anyway because its the wrong thing to do, thus being politically correct.

Archived