WTT Returns To Boston...

Brian in Boston

That's right! World Team Tennis is expanding to Boston (as well as Houston, Texas) and the new franchise is named...

the Boston Lobsters!!!

I was glad to see the new ownership group adopt the name of Boston's original WTT franchise. I've long thought that the Lobsters identity was one of the most clever in professional sports. However, I'd have much rather seen the team update the original Boston Lobsters' logo (a la the Miami Dolphins, Seattle Seahawks, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Arizona Cardinals) than go with the entirely new mark that they've adopted. I just prefer the fact that the original logo featured the lobster's larger (crushing) claw as the frame of the racket, rather than depicting a lobster holding a racket in its claws.

Original Boston Lobsters Logo

BostonLobsters.GIF

New Boston Lobsters Logo

Boston-Lobsters-lg.gif

Should've had Zoidberg....

Leela: Bender! Love isn't about money!

Bender:What? So it's just a coincidence that Zoidberg here's both desperately poor and miserably lonely? Puh-lease.

Leela: For your information, it's because he's hideous.

Cute. Looks more like a bug with the antennae, but cute nonetheless.

A lobster is a "bug", rather a member of the insect family, so what's the big deal? It is who actually is assigned to the team and plays is more important to its survival.

Actually...

The lobster is part of the Homaridae family which encompasses only lobsters. No insects in that family at all.

OK, same phylum. Not as if I wanted to change this a biology thread or an episode of 3-2-1 Contact! (Then again like PBS, supported by "Viewers Like You"). I digress.

The cartoon is better than the more life like lobster wearing what look to be K Swiss!

Pinchie!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Looks more like a bug with the antennae...

Yes, that's one of the reasons that I'm not as enthusiastic about the new logo, as well.

Well, there's that and also the fact that from the angle at which the "new" Lobster is holding the raquet, he's not even attempting a lob.

I just prefer the fact that the original logo featured the lobster's larger (crushing) claw as the frame of the racket, rather than depicting a lobster holding a racket in its claws.

At least the racket isn't his FACE, as it was for the old WTT San Diego Friars....

Friars2.gif

(BTW, Friars t-shirts are in a closeout sale now for only $5.95 at Classic Sports Logos.com)

:D

It is what it is.

I just prefer the fact that the original logo featured the lobster's larger (crushing) claw as the frame of the racket, rather than depicting a lobster holding a racket in its claws.

At least the racket isn't his FACE, as it was for the old WTT San Diego Friars....

Friars2.gif

(BTW, Friars t-shirts are in a closeout sale now for only $5.95 at Classic Sports Logos.com)

:D

If I were a Catholic I'd buy one...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived