Once again

Stampman

Next team--Mr Bean--now this team I took the most liberties with in a way--but I think it works...

Mr Bean is indeed an acquired taste--but I find Rowan Atkinson very funny in almost all the characters & settings I've seen him in...

I was going to do a Black Adder team, but couldn't get a good helmet logo happening--so I stuck with Mr Bean--primarily using the animated version--as it was better for the graphics...

Mr Bean stuff

Bean pictures

Animated Bean site (uses flash)

More animated

I used a picture of the animated Bean for the helmet logo--and I based the colours on the logo's colours--it's Mr Bean surfing on an ironing board--and it's hilarious. The alts are based -roughly-on the brownish jacket & black pants he usually seems to wear, and the numbers on his red tie...

So comments welcome-

Home, road, home alt, road alt-

f4db9786.png

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next--Nightwing-the original Robin the Boy Wonder--grown up & all...

A site on the Flash--with stuff on Nightwing on this page

Nightwing page on BAtman site

Titan's site Nightwing page

wikipedia Nightwing page

I'm not a huge fan of the character--but they have doen some neat stuff with him.

And the Nightwing logo from the Batman cartoons makes a cool helmet logo...

you may have to scroll to see it...

So the home uni is based on the blue & black (or dark blue) costume--but I used black. The road is a white version.

The home alt is based on Robin--the original costume--with a nod to the Tim Drake Robin costume for the pants. I also did a Robin helmet with Dick Grayson's

Robin "R".

The road alt is based on the first 2 Nightwing costume-2 blues and yellow.

So that's why they look so different.

a26e86b0.png

comments welcome (even PM's which I do get too)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Maybe the instructions are on page 2 of this thread, and I skipped it, but how do you export uniforms (as images) on Madden? (for the PC). Now I'm going to wind up skipping my actual work I was going to catch up on today to design unis! (Thanks guys! lol!) :P

Aussie--thanks--and I like the Ster Trek/Wiggles comic I mentioned earlier in this thread popping up in your sig...

timparry--If I'm understanding your request---What you do is at any point when you have Madden running press F1 (I'm using 2004--I think another post mentioned 2005 had a different key to press, but I'm not sure)

The screen shot shows up in a file called (ready for this?) "Screenshots" under Madden in your My Documents section on your computer.

I then use Paint to crop the uni screen shots into one and save--I upload mine onto Photobucket (there are other sites as well)--then I use the IMG button to post them here. in the TFAQ section of this board there is more specific info on that-

Now I may have answered your question, and more--or I may have missed what you asked completely...

Now I'm going to wind up skipping my actual work I was going to catch up on today to design unis!

I understand--it's an addiction...

Sticking with superheroes--it's one of my favorites-Plasticman-

Here he is hanging out with Superman

It's based on the comic character--preferably the original version by Jack Cole-

and not the awful cartoon version of the 80's...

Some of the revivals of this character since the original had merit--some didn't

But I like the character and the potential it has...

Plaz page

Another

More--and scroll to the bottom for his sidekick Woozy Winks

For those who speak French--and again woozy pics

I mention Woozy as the home alt is based on him.

The primaries are based on Plaz's costume, and the road alt is just doing a reverse Plaz...

Comments welcome...

afc8c8e7.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, nice to be back-up next--the Incredible Hulk...

Just about anything about the Hulk is here

This one cracks me up

My favorite period of his was the Grey Hulk-first when he was searching for the gamma bombs the government had stored up (and he only switched to the Hulk at night-so the Hulk & Banner had to co-operate)-then he became a mob enforcer in Vegas named Mr Fixit. But most people seem to know the "Hulk Smash" or "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" type Hulk.

The primary home is based on how he usually looks in the comics-Green skin, with no shirt, and purple pants-for the primary road uni I tried green & purple pants--the purple worked better.

For the alternates-the home alt has the white on the shoulders to represent the times when the Hulk still wore a torn white shirt after he transformed-they're the shirt draping over his shoulders. The road alt is based on the grey Hulk mentioned above.

Hmm, actually green & purple can kind of work together (much better than jade & eggplant)

hulk.png

comments welcome...

Can't wait for Madden 2006. Some good jersey's others have REALLY weird colour schemes, but it is really good considering the minimal resources in Madden...I love the Mr.Bean jersey's

Can't wait for Madden 2006.  Some good jersey's others have REALLY weird colour schemes, but it is really good considering the minimal resources in Madden...I love the Mr.Bean jersey's

Hey thanks...

One of the reasons for this league was to do some weird colour schemes...

They're fun in the proper context...

• 2 weeks later...

Next up--an old video game-

Berzerk--one of my favorites-

Back when GoJetsGo had his challeneg for old school video game teams I tied for first with my Pong Hockey uni concept.

Originally my idea was to do one for Berzerk--so when this league came along I adapted the idea to Madden and thus the Berzerk team.

The game was basically a black screen with 2-D bright colours--I kept to blue & green here as they were common in the game--the various unis are just playing around with the concept and throwing in a green road alt for fun. (I know the home & road # fonts don't match each other but the home matches the road alt and the home alt matches the road uni--I originally had them switched around differently)

Berzerk arcade gameBerzerk for the Atari

Comments welcome-

3ec013b5.png

• 2 weeks later...

Next up--UNDERDOG!

A fun cartoon--not as witty as Rocky & Bullwinkle--but stil entertaining, and I've seen it as an adult and enjoyed it! ANd the theme is a classic

Of course if this were an actual team--they would always be the underdog...

Theme & pics here

Some more info

Anyways, the home is based on his costume--so uni coloured. The road again is the home reversed a bit, and the alts are loosely based on his secret identity Shoeshine boy-but the road alt shows that more.

60ca8f9b.png

Comments welcome-thanks.

Why do you arbitraraly(sp?) change number styles on each team's set? I know these aren't real teams, but I'm not sure that an actual team would do that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why do you arbitraraly(sp?) change number styles on each team's set? I know these aren't real teams, but I'm not sure that an actual team would do that.

Well for alts I sometimes change the fonts--if it suits the unis design better-and for this league sometimes I'm basing the uni on something very specific (as in superhero costumes)--so the font changes to match that. I'm purposely breaking some rules in this league as it is not intended to mirror a real league...

For Underdog though the different font for the road uni is something I noticed after I posted the picture--and then it stuck out--it is an error on my part--the number font should be the same as the other 3 unis...

I pick the font that I think fits the concept & inspiration for the uni best.

On the Berzerk team I explained the font change (error & concept change)--and the Hulk has 2 different fonts of the alts--but the alts are based on different ideas and the numbers fit better that way.

In the actual game the Berzerk & Underdog number fonts have been fixed...

Up next--Superman

I was never a big Superman fan, but some periods in his history interested me.

Still, the Big Red S is a classic superhero logo and looked quite good on the helmet.

Superman site for those who may want to check itout or the few who haven't herad of him!

I based the alts on this story and a similar redoing of it in the 1990's

1997-8 Superman blue

So the homes are close to his costume-the shoulder bits are to represent his cape coming to his shoulders--I can't do undies on the outside in Madden :D -so that changes the look a bit-

The numbers are to mirror the "S"-but it's the correct order on the roads as it looks bad that way on the homes.

The alts are based on Superman red & Superman blue--see link above-

Comments welcome!

d8bf4a06.png

Next

Red Dwarf--one of the funniest shows ever.

A great Red Dwarf site-video clips, quotes, pictures, info, etc etc...

The helmet logo is the show logo, and the unis are based on those colours-so no uni to copy--altough I did consider basing each of the four on the 4 main characters--but that didn't really work.

I'm not sure what happened to the numbers on the home alt--they look weird here--but it is the same number font as the others and they should be white...

5d8f2206.png

comments, suggestions, clean jokes, and restaurant recommendations welcome...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm it's been almost 2 weeks since I posted the last team? Where does the time go--I've had this ready to go fo a while-

It's the Rocky and Bullwinkle team-one of my all time favorite cartoons--and an influence on my sense of humour!

Hokey Smokes--a site on our heroes

These are ones I may change--I took the colours form the logo I used, not sure why the blue--but it's an odd match and kind of fits this league---then Again I may redo it--I concsidered doing it as football unis Bullwinkle wore in may episodes (for his lama mater--Wottsamatta U.) But the colours were highly inconsistent.

Still if anybody has an idea--the alt home is based on Bullwinkle's body with blue to off set the helmet and the road alt was going to be for ROcky--but it didn't work--Still I like these in some ways...

(see post on next page-uni updated)

Comments and suggestions welcome--Thanks...

Funny, I imagine Superman wearing old clean block numbers.

Red Dwarf... no "H" on the front of the helmets? Come on, man! And why am I suddenly thinking of the "Holly" alternate (entirely black).

Rocky and Bullwinkle: I wanna see the "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat" alternate, or perhaps the Boris Badenov alternate.

You made me squee with joy. Seriously.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Thanlks for the comments and ideas-

--there are 5 number fonts available, and I try them all with each team--I chose these ones as I think they compliment the "S", and the block numbers stuck out...(But in real life maybe it would work)

I didn't think of the "H"--but wouldn' that only be applicable to the players who were smegheads? :D

As to th Holly alt-entirely blcak---there are some unis that come close to that--and I don't want to overdo it...

I don't have a "Rocky watch me pull a Rabbit out of my hat alt--but will an avatr do?

I may need to try that on a helmet!

In any case I am reworking this team...

(As to the Badenov alt--see the Holly remark above)

Thanks again!

Archived