Once again

Stampman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can find me a usable stooges logo I will--I did try to find and to make one--but in actual game use--it looked awful--but find me one that works---and I'll do it!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

Okay--I'm just updating the Bullwinkle team, here--I thought I already posted this, but I guess I didn't.

I should be psoting the next team soon...

The Rocky & Bullwinkle originally had a soft blue in the unis based on the logo I use for the helmets--well, I've tossed that and re done them--so here they are--more based on Moose than before...

9a49c1c3.png

Comments always welcome...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hmm, been busy, so I've not posted for a few days-

Up next Green Lantern...

There have been several and my favorite is the original Alan Scott-(with Gnort in second place)-I haven't been a fan of all of them though.

An almost all encompassing GL site

I based the primaries on the main look for Hal Jordan --the one I first encountered, and the alts on Alan Scott--and yes the original Green Lantern di have a red shirt (But the lantern is green)-

A "few" GL pics...

So I also created an alt helmet as well to match--the logo is also Alan Scott's on the alt helmet-

Home, road, home alt, road alt-

0b9d20c6.png

Comments, complaints, questions, etc etc are welcome...

Thanks...

While many of the teams for this project have stood the test of time--this one is fairly new--the Incredibles!

(In my humble opinion the best of the Pixar/Disney movies)

The primaries are based on the new costumes they get in the movie

seen here

and the alts are based on the original blue Mr Incredible costume...

here

or here in a grainy picture fighting the evil roger clemente man :D

Home, road, home alt, road alt-

f66a9c8c.png

comments, questions, suggestions, opinions, and musings welcome...

Hey Stampman, can you do a 32 Team Madden League based on my NFDL Idea?:

Freedom Conference (AFC)

East

BUF = Rochester (New York) Toros - (Navy, Red, White and Blue)

MIA = Palm Beach (Florida) Sharks - (Aqua, Orange, White, and Navy)

NE = Providence (Rhode Island) Colonials - (Red, White, and Blue)

NYJ = (Hartford or New Haven) Connecticut Aviators - (Green and White)

North

BAL = (Annapolis) Maryland Gamecocks - (Purple, Black and Gold)

CIN = Columbus (Ohio) Lynx - (Black and Orange)

CLE = Akron (Ohio) Bulldogs - (Brown, Orange and White)

PIT = (Morgantown) West Virginia Ironmen - (Black and Yellow)

South

HOU = (Austin or San Antonio) Texas Cavalry - (Red, White and Blue)

IND = Louisville (Kentucky) Stallions - (Blue and White)

JAX = Tallahassee (Florida) Leopards - (Teal, Black, and Gold)

TEN = Knoxville (Tennessee) Colossus - (Navy Blue, Titans Blue, and Red)

West

DEN = (Salt Lake City) Utah Mustangs - (Orange and Blue)

KC = (Lincoln) Nebraska Tribe - (Red, Yellow, White and Black)

OAK = Sacramento (California) Marauders - (Silver and Black)

SD = Las Vegas (Nevada) Blazers - (Midnight Blue, yellow, and white)

Liberty Conference (NFC)

East

DAL = (Tulsa) Oklahoma Lawmen - (Blue and Grey)

NYG = (Rutgers) New Jersey Bruisers - (Blue, White, and Red)

PHI = Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (Pennsylvania) Wings - (Midnight Green, Black, Silver and White)

WAS = Richmond (Virginia) Warriors - (Burgundy and Mustard)

North

CHI = (Champaign-Urbana or Evanston) Illinois Grizzlies - (Navy, Orange, and White)

DET = Toledo (Ohio) Catamounts - (Honolulu Blue, SIlver, and Black)

GB = (Madison) Wisconsin Lumberjacks - (Green and Yellow)

MIN = (Des Moines) Iowa Norsemen - (Purple, White and Yellow)

South

ATL = Birmingham (Alabama) Owls - (Black, Red, Silver and White)

CAR = Raleigh-Durham (North Carolina) Pumas - (Black, Blue and Silver)

NO = (Hattiesburg) Mississippi Magicians - (Black and Gold)

TB = Orlando (Florida) Pirates - (Red, Pewter, Black, and Orange)

West

ARI = Tucson (Arizona) Redbirds - (Red and White)

STL = Paducah (Kentucky) Bighorns - (Blue and Gold)

SF = San Jose (California) Prospectors - (Red, Gold, and Black)

SEA = Portland (Oregon) Osprey - (Dark Navy Blue, Pacific Blue, and Neon Green)

YOZXkBG.png?1

Well I could try--but it might just be a bit here and there as I'm working on this league (it's almost done--but it split into 2 leagues--so there could be 64 teams I post in this thread) along with everyhting in my life--but if you don't mind one team here or there I could give it a shot--did you have any preferences or ideas beyond the colour schemes?

Well 8 days?

Time for another team-

Nuklon, formerly of Infinity Inc.

he's now Atom Smasher--but I haven't seen any of those so I'll go with Nuklon.

Nuklon

Atomsmasher

He was the best character in Infinity Inc--the team of children, associates, and others associated with the Justice Society of America.

Before he got real big Todd McFarlane did some outstanding experimental work on the series.

Anyway-on to the unis-

Primaries are based on Nuklon-similar to the Incredibles-but noit quite.

The alts are based on Atomsmasher-

eca56451.png

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Up next--a team from the comic strip Peanuts...

I liked Peanuts and agree it was best to end it when Charles Schulz was unable to continue working on it, and sadly died not too long after that.

Many papers print reprints of the strip

Check ot out for a ton of Peanuts info...

The primaries are based on Charlie Brown--with the roads being based on his yellow shirt --if I could do the zigzags in Madden I would have...-the home unis are reversed mostly.

The home alt is based on Linus--keeping some yellow to offset it from the other red/black unis I've done for these, and the road alts are based on Snoopy-with the shoulders representing his ears and the pant stripe his tail...

Home, road, home alt, road alt...

d43e7890.png

As always comments, questions, clean jokes, memories, etc are welcome...

Thank you...

Huzzah for Charlie Brown and Peanuts. All you need now is a scrub kicker with no skills and you've got it perfect, hehe.

I appreciate the yellow road uni using the jersey that's semi-striped. Of course, it's not exactly Charlie Brown, but it is the best Madden can get you. Did you consider a yellow helmet with a fat black zig-zag all the way around? Also consider baby blue for the Linus numbers to signify the blanket. Further, a WWI Flying Ace helmet for Snoopy? Maybe use the home for a Peppermint Patty uni. She was the best at football, anyway... or if you want to go all yellow for a Woodstock one.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Huzzah for Charlie Brown and Peanuts. All you need now is a scrub kicker with no skills and you've got it perfect, hehe.

I appreciate the yellow road uni using the jersey that's semi-striped. Of course, it's not exactly Charlie Brown, but it is the best Madden can get you. Did you consider a yellow helmet with a fat black zig-zag all the way around? Also consider baby blue for the Linus numbers to signify the blanket. Further, a WWI Flying Ace helmet for Snoopy? Maybe use the home for a Peppermint Patty uni. She was the best at football, anyway... or if you want to go all yellow for a Woodstock one.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Well thanks for the comments! And suggestions!

I did try the zigzag on the helmet--and tried & tried--but the way Madden distorts parts of the helmet it didn't quite work--I may attempt it again--but for now I have what you see...

Baby blue for the Linus numbers? Good idea--I'll try it out...

Snoopy helmet?--I have made different helmets for some of the alts before--hmm--another project!

Peppermint Patty got some consideration for the alts--I may consider that for the home primaries as I have other yellow/black teams...

As for the kicker line--the helmet logo is of Lucy pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown---which is also seen at mid field...

Next up a show that was one of my favorites, as it could be light comedy one week, serious drama the next, then biting satire, or farce--Quantum Leap-

(Google it if you haven't seen it)

For the unis I took the colours of the show logo and picked out ones in there that I thought worked together--in real life this may be an example of a gradient that could work--but in Madden no gradient except for some in the helmet logo-

So no real rhyme or reason to the design--just wat I liked with the logo colours--and while not my favorite of this set I like them--

Comment, suggestions, etc are always welcome--thank you--

55ba9a17.png

• 2 weeks later...

And now back to the world of Superheroes for a villain -the Riddler--one of my favorites when handled properly--this was alsoone of the best parts of the 60's show--the Riddler--although there his riddles were just silly, and in the comics they could be sinister (The less said about the Jim Carrey version, the better...)

A Riddler link

There have been a few variations over the years of the Riddler's costume--so I went with Green & Black for the primaries, and added the pale purple for the alts, as sometimes they added the purple to the Riddler's look-

5677d2b1.png

Comments, riddles, conundrums, anecdotes, complaints, and wry witticisms welcome...

Next up--a TV show--SCTV-

One of the funniest ever-from it's syndicated start, when few had heard fo them, thorugh their CBC/NBC years when everybody had to their less than stellar cable end--well it was always funny--sometimes not as funny--but still funny.

So why didn't I make them funny unis?

Who knows?

Anyway-as I often do--

here are some links on SCTV-

This links to a few sites

SCTVguide

http://sctv.org/intro.htm

The uni colours were determined by the logos-

SCTV had 4 main logos, at least, and I used the 2 most suited to being helmet logos (I used 4 in trials)-and then I used the logo colours for the unis.

The primaries feature the Planet with antennae logo--where one antenna is broken

The blue is seen in the planet and the orange is from the wordmark. (I tired working in the green form the palnet & yellow form the wordmark--but it didn't work)

The alternates are simple based on the logo where sc is stacked on top of TV.

so here they are-

fecce494.png

Jokes are welcome in light of the show-so are quotes, comment, concerns, news bulletins, and anything else related...

Thanks...

Archived