Once again

Stampman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait, so on the PC version of Madden you can import custom logos and post pictures of their jerseys over the internet?

You can import custom logos on PC--so you can use your own creations or other logos...

I made the existing and previous CFL teams (including the US ones) and many others.

Most of the screen shots I post don't have a good view of the helmet logo because I've used other people'/s work for some of them--which since it's just my use on my computer--no problem--although I did make some--including some that will appear here.

The part of the game I enjoy the most is making the helmets, then the other logos...

As to posting them--the game lets you take screen shots--I go to the folder they're saved in and crop them & save them as png files, upload to photobucket & post them here...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

Next team--Touche Turtle--

an old Hanna Babera cartoon about a musketeer turtle and his sheepdog sidekick-

http://www.toonopedia.com/touche.htm

and another

For some reason I can still watch these and laugh--it was fun as a kid, and still silly--

His sidekick-Dum Dum-was voiced by Alan Reed (the voice of Fred Flintstone), and I don't know why I didn't notice it as a kid--the only real voice difference is that Fred was usually mad and Dum Dum usually confused.

I also considered a Wally Gator team

http://www.toonopedia.com/wallygat.htm

But it would have been too similar to Touche--still imagine these with a purple helmet (for Wally's hat)

The unis are based on Touche-and just different ways of doing them--I like these ways the best of what I considered.

I tried a Dum Dum alt--but it was too boring...

toucheunis.png

Comments, questions, swashbuckling, and sidekick apllications welcome.

Thanks...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Since I'm matching teams and avatars since the second team, and I'm tired of the Touche one--it's time for a new team.

Based on the great comic series by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons -

Watchmen.

The main characters are based on old Charlton comics characters that DC now owns (Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, The Question, Nightshade, Peacemaker & Peter Cannon)

Originally they wer going to use these characters but DC didn't want them to change them so much--so they made up characters absed on the Charlton ones, and in the process the story improved

This was an entertaining and thought provoking story in which super heroes were banned or went underground--or in some cases became government agents--the story takes in an old team, a newer team, a pirate story ala the old EC Comics and in a sense the dark side of the Incredibles (although this predates the Incredibles by many years.) There are a lot of themes here that were well handled.

The Annotated Watchmen

A detailed review

Watchmen annotations

The unis are based on the happy face with a shot to the head logo as to colours-

I tried doing unis based on the look of 4 of the characters--but it turned out a bit bland--no fault of Moore & Gibbons--so I went with the logo colours--and I experimented again with the colours--and I like these--these are almost not odd enough for the league--but I'm sticking with them-

88ff577b.png

Comments, dark humour, apocalyptic ravings, questions etc are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Stampman, what's the name of this league?

Actually when I started it I referred to it as PCFL (pop Culture football league)--but then I expanded it to 2 32 team leagues, so I'm about half way through.

The Superheroes ( and villains) play in the SHFL (Superhero FL) and I just stayed with PCFL for the rest--but I can alwyas rename them.

I haven't posted any new ones for a bit as my CD Rom is broken and I have other priorities at this time--any suggestions on a new one would be appreciated.

I have screen shots of 1 more team, but I've grown attached the Watchmen avatar--so I'm holding off on the next team...

• 5 weeks later...

Wow--it's been almost 2 months since I last posted a team here--well as I posted elsewhere, I have the teams done, but only had screen shots for one more, and I ran into CD Rom troubles so I couldn't put the game into to get screen shots-

and I was liking the Watchmen avater- but now it's time to switch--

The Tick.

Not the awful live action version, but more the cartoon and comic versions.

Here's some info

And some more

And one more

I had a better one, but it was deleted from my favorites in error--and those 3 were left.

The Primaries are based on the Tick's all blue look for the home uni, and adding a white jersey for the road.

The home alt is based on the colours of the Tick's wordmark, and the road alt is Arthur's all white look--but keeping the blue for some contrast.

5402f70d.png

All comments, questions, headshaking, feats of derring -do, and oblvious pontificating welcome.

Oh and

SPOON!

Okay, for anyone looking for a theme for a team, I have a suggestion right here on this post.

The East Gackle Pranksters from "What's with Andy?"

"Andy," is an animated show produced in Canada that was seen in America on the ABC Family channel from September 2001 until March 2002 and on Toon Disney for the first few months of this year. It has also been seen on Teletoon in Canada.

Color Scheme: Blue, Red and Gray

Helmet: Logo on sides, blue shell, single red stripe, gray facemask.

Home Uni: Blue jersey, white numbers, red stripes, gray solid pants, blue sock stripe

Road Uni: White jersey, blue numbers, red stripes, blue solid pants, red sock stripe

Alt Home: Red third jersey, blue pants, red stripe

Alt Road: White jersey, blue numbers, red stripes, gray pants. blue socks

What's with Andy?

I don't know--I've never watched it.

But here's one on a cartoon I did watch as a kid-

Super Chicken.

It was one of the cartoons in the George of the Jungle package.

Henry Cabot Henhouse III drank a supersauce and became Super Chicken!

Fighting beside him was Fred--a Lion...

And hilarity ensued!

Super Chicken site

Hear the cool theme song here

The primaries are based on Super Chicken and the alts on Fred.

45e65fe9.png

Comments, dangerous missions, chicken noises, and suggestions are welcome as always...

I have some new uniform screen shots to continue with--and up next?

Just some old thing I found in a drawer...

Okay the Thing, as in Benjamin Grimm of the Fantastic Four--I did consider a FF uni--but the preponderance of blue has been done--so I went with the Thing.

Read about him here

and here

and here.

The Unis are based on his look when he wears pants--as there are no speedos in Madden--the primary home is closest, but the others are just messing around with the colours to find something I like.

The helmets are indeed made to look like his rocky head-

b23625ce.png

catchphrases, comments, questions, and brooding welcome...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I was sure I'd posted Spidey already--well I guess not--so here he is-

And here are some links-

Listen & sing along to one of the coolest TV themes ever-but sue yoour pop up blocker

A comprehensive site on Spidey

The primaries are based on the classic red & blue costume, and are similar to the concepts I posted a while back in a Spidey football challenge.

The home alt is based on the symbiote costume--which Spidey wore for awhile pre Venom, and the road alt is just playing around with red & blue.

Enjoy-

92d2591c.png

comments, questions, suggestions, news tips, and web slinging welcome.

Hey stampman, could you do a Twilight Zone one?

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

How about a Twilight Zone one stampman?

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

I heard you the first time coltz--I was searching for this post-

zoneranger did a twilight zone one I could never top-

and the template limitations of Madden would render just another black & white uni.

Still, I may try one day--but I probably won't

Scroll down for zoneranger's concept-it's near the bottom of the page

• 2 weeks later...

Up next B.C.--not the province, the comic strip.

I've enjoyed this one since I was a kid-it makes me laugh and makes me think, it entertains me.

Here's a link to the comic strip itself with archives.

I based the uni colours on the black loincloths they have and an aproximation of one of the stone colours I found online. It seemed appropriate. And I like the combination. For a pair of MAdden leagues with wierd colours--this one stands out in its simplicity.

67879a60.png

Comments, questions, suggestions, trvth, and clubbings (figurative ones anyway) are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Up next--a lesser known superhero of sorts--The Question.

He was created by Steve Ditko--who did great work on the original Spider-Man comics.

Then later DC took him over for a gritty series by Denny O'Neil.

The Question

Denny's work

The Unis are based on one colouring of his suit & trenchcoat--but the colours changes around--but I like the combo--the alts--again are fooling around with the colours-

82042a71.png

Questions--of course--are welcome, as are comments, complaints, and book lists...

Archived