Once again

Stampman

Wow--this is still getting lots of views, so here's another-

Corner Gas-

Why shouldn't Dog River have a team?

cornergas.ca

CTV's page for the show

It's hilarious--it's one of only 2 shows I try to watch on a regular basis.

Any way--for the Unis I just played around with the colours in the logo.

The helmet would feature the Corner Gas logo. Since Dog River is supposed to be in Saskatchewan I emphasized green in the primary unis-

And since it's Dog River--they're different, and don't have white jerseys.

cornergas.png

Comments, suggestions, complaints, chili cheese dogs, and odd questions welcome.

(I see on the site they have Corner Gas hockey Jerseys--I may need to get one.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow its nice to see another corner gas fan on the boards i <3 that show I've got the first 2 seasons. Those jerseys ar e great. I had an idea for a corner gas football uni that would have the numbers in the gas station logo.

Thanks.

Based on comments on various threads, Corner Gas is well liked by the Canadians on these boards.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I still have some, and so here's the next one--

Earthworm Jim

It started as a video game and was also a cartoon, about an earthworm who finds an "ultra high tech indestructible super space cyber suit."

See here

Or here

The unis were a little bland for this one-copying the "ultra high tech indestructible super space cyber suit."-so I went for the green of the evil Eartworm Jim for the alts to spice it up a bit.

def28f18.png

Comments, odd humour, cheat codes, etc are welcome.

Next up--an old TV show that was fun (I can't believe I forgot it in the best sitcom thread-

SLEDGE HAMMER!

You had to see it to really get it, but it was quite funny--especially the first season-

Here are 2 links to site on the show-

The Sledge Hammer! Arsenal

SLEDGEHAMMER ONLINE

The unsi were based n the colours of the second site & sort of on police unis, although Hammer was a detective...

I did consider a tacky alternate in honour of some of his ties, but there's enough tackiness in these unis already! His beloved gun adorns the helmet...

6ede0d23.png

Comments, questions, catchprases, wreckless abandon and target practice welcome.

• 1 month later...

I still have a few left--next up the Dread Zeppelin team.

Yes Dread Zeppelin combining reggae covers of mostly Led Zeppelin tunes, as if Elvis had sung them.

And the novelty takes longer to wear off than you'd imagine--and yet the songs remain listenable.

Here's their website.

I based the unis on the colours of the logo & site at the time I did the unis (the colours are a bit different now--but the colours fit the reggae/Jamaica thing--and although unusual if it were a real team--for this league I think they're among the more interesting ones.

dreadzepunis.png

Comments, suggestions, songs, impersonations, and homage are welcome.

• 1 month later...

Maybe it would have been better timing to have put these here a round or two ago--but there's still a bit of HNIC left this season--

That's Hockey Night in Canada-A Canadian institution.

I've used the old HNIC logo and the primaries are the lighte blue for the blazers the announcer used to wear--back when HNIC was a show on CBC, but it wan't a CBC show. (There is a difference.)

So here are the unis-

HNICunis.png

Comments, commentaries, rantings, ref bashing, play by play, and cliche filled answers are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Well HNIC could be over tonight or if not in a couple of days--so time for a new team-

Metamorpho--the Element Man

Read about him here.

I've heard there is a new version, but this is based on the old version--

He had one colour scheme on one side and a different on the other--since I can't do that in Madden I made the primaries after one side and the alts on the other.

Without further ado--here are the unis-

metamorphounis.png

Comments, elemental questions, and molecular rearrangements welcome...

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks is enough for Metamorpho...

Next Up-Johnny Bravo.

A lousy role model--but I find him humourous.

The primary home is based on the black shirt & jeans he usually wears and the helmet on his hair--which probably could be a helmet.

I tried it without the stripe--but it looks better with it.

The other unis are based on the blue, black & yellow.

johnnybravo.png

Comments, questions, beef jerky, hair cement, and bad Elvis voices welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Next up Green Arrow--you know I wasn't too into him as a kid--but Mike Grell's mini-series--The Longbow Hunters was a masterpiece, and the series that followed was pretty good as well. SO I based my primaries on the hooded Seattle hunter/protector version of GA. The alts are based on the original/Golden Age/Earth 2 version--and he had red in his costume. Anything post Grell I am not familiar with, so it didn't enter into the unis.

Here's Grell's website

Here's a good fansite

Toonopedia's Golden Age Green Arrow page

f37bfa7b.png

Comments, non trick arrows, social commentary, and angst welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Back again.

This time with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy team.

And it is so appropriate the number used on these is "42"

If you don't get that you haven't read/viewed/heard/been informed of the radio show, radio script book, novel, TV show, comic, movie, etc.

Check out just about everything Hitchhiker here.

The colours are based on this-

hitchhikerslogo.png

It was used on at least one version of the novels, and other merchandise--it makes a great helmet logo. I used black because--hey, space is not only very big, but it is dark.

468497e2.png

So comments, suggestions, guide entries, answers without questions and Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters are welcome.

"The answer to life, the universe, and everything is...42."

Nice job, Stampman. I really like the helmet and home uniform. I'll have to look through this thread and check out the rest of the teams.

Next up--an old TV show that was fun (I can't believe I forgot it in the best sitcom thread-

SLEDGE HAMMER!

To truly do Sledge Hammer justice, the team would have to end the regular season thinking they'd missed the playoffs and so they all get blown up in a nuclear explosion. Then a series of freak upsets on the last day of games puts them in the playoffs anyway.

Blowing up the cast in a nuclear explosion was a brilliant way to end the series when they thought it was cancelled, but not actually such a great season-ending cliffhanger when they were unexpectedly renewed. What a great show that was! "Trust me, I know what I'm doing."

20082614447.png

Thanks for the comments guys--

I only noticed that 42 was the number on these when I went to post the Hitchhiker's unis--did somebody program it that way because they're a fan?

Or are they a fan of a player with #42?

Was it their number?

What number did Madden wear?

(I could look up that last one)

As for Sledge Hammer--

That's a great suggestion for the team--I'm sure each team here would be ripe for some quirk or other.

• 1 month later...

New team time--

This time Blotto--one of the funniest bands ever.

Here's their website

I based the colours on the cover of their album-"Hello! My Name Is Blotto. What's Yours?"

The picture of a woman with either a bass drum on her head or for a head was later used on a lot of Blotto stuff.

The primaries are very Raider-esque, but they work for me.

So for the alts I made them different.

(If I were to redo these--based on info on their website--I would add a bit of pink or yellow or some such colour)

blotto.png

Comments, suggestions, question, goofy songs, satire, or mad up names welcome.

Archived