VOTE! CCSLC Banner Contest

CC97

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because absolutely no one asked for it, I?m gonna give my opinions on each one. This is not scientific, fair, or polite, but I feel like doing it, so here ya go:

1 - The site is not in or about a city, so the cityscape seems awkward.

2 - this is fine, but a little plain. The buttonization of the logo makes it look like a pillow.

3 - I love the historical feel, very cool idea. Glad to see SOME color involved. The texture background is a little too 'Tron' for me, would have liked to have seen it with something different back there.

4 - Illegible. Odd font. Weird texture/filter on top.

5 - zzzzZZZZZzzzzz.... huh? what? I'm awake. Really. ZZZZZzzzzz

6 - sweet! nice 3d effect to the logo.. the text glow is cool. I'd like to see this one at full quality rather than 15% JPG

7 - its alright, I guess. What did you smear in the background? is that supposed to be logo motion? "..come on, and do the logo motion with me... come on swing your hips now..."

8 - wow.. that font looks eerily similar to a first round Survivor series logo. So... yeay.

9 - is it under ice? is this a still from a foxnews flash banner? Seems like it would move.. not that it should...

10 - Is that a default font on your computer, or did you actively seek out Garfield creator Jim Davis' handwriting in a font? Nice lines. What are those, specifically?

11 - You did 4, didn?t you? that font still sucks, but no you combined it with handwriting. Uhm. OK.

12 - I like the patch work, on the jersey. Nice idea, good execution. Why did you quit and just throw some random font on it?

13 - ...and at just under 10 seconds, banner 13 hold the current record for least time invested!

14 - Nice. I like the color choices, though it won?t really fit well in the top of the site, since it has different colors. I like the effect on the CC, but the arrangement is yawn-inspiring. DO you realize you have the gradient going top-to-bottom?

15 - This one must be Brads.. or Roz's. No... Sterling.

16 - I respect the concept. The small logo with the halftone, backlit huge one behind... not too shabby. Again, one I?d like to see at some decent quality.

17 - So, that isn?t Impact, but it sure smells like it. What does the lightning have to do with anything? Can you make the logo a touch smaller, so we can tell what the hell it is.. most companies or websites like viewers to actually SEE the logo.

18 - Uhm... are you done? No, go ahead and finish it.. we will wait.

19 - HOLY HOMER! good lord, way to junk up the dumb idea of red text with specific-city logos. This is a board about ALL sports, and ALL logos.

20 - Not shabby. You like that digital scoreboard filter, huh?

21 - That?s... ...nice wallpaper. It will look great just stopping against the background on the right like that.

22 - Wow. That?s a horrible font choice. at least you arched it needlessly.

23 - I didn?t like it as #9, I don?t like it now.

24 - red? -puke- ...and again with the logos.

25 - did you enter one banner a buncha times? it doesnt help us like it.

26 - its ok. The stripe will just abruptly stop, but that?s alright. If I wore stuff from Abercrappy&Bitch, this would fit right in.

27 - All I get is a red X.. best effort so far.

28 - What? The logo, blurry, and WAY too small text? Uhm. Ok.

29 - Nice. I like this one. Clean, progressive font. The right side wont work, but that could be fixed. Not bad.

30 - Do we need a power-up? We are only at 1 of three stars.. someone find the gold coins!

31 - Looks like you tripped over a stamp. Too much going on. Text squished. Bah.

32 - Did I miss the difference between this and 30? Oh, burry text. Nice change.

33 - "We added black to be more modern, hip, and cool" Well, it didn?t work.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Because absolutely no one asked for it, i'm gonna give my opinions on each one. This is not scientific, fair, or polite, but i feel like doing it, so here ya go:

Even though I can't see them I now know which is mine. Now to find a tall oak tree.

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

1) #24

2) #26

3) #9, #9 (The White Album)

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

btw Pay, you said what was going through my mind when i first looked at them. 20 and 16 i liked the best, 18 i just through on there just to fill in a 3rd vote.

on the taco one as a sig it looks cool as a banner well, i think you can fill in that one.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Archived