SB L concept

buffalo soldier

It's a bit rough and blocky, but then again you've got about 10 years to perfect it. I will say that I like the notion of using a "50" watermark and would bet that the NFL will end up using something like that given the awkwardness of using the letter "L" by itself.

although the problem is the superbowl logos are usually related to the host city in some way, did you take that into consideration?

No because my guess is that the nfl wouldnt want a city-specific logo because of the 50th anniversary. Like super bowl xxxiv, which was a nfl shield-esque logo because it was the year 2000. that logo had nothing to do with atlanta, so im kind of basing it off that.

While the overall concept is pleasing, the shadow/light on the L is wonky. It is rendered as if the sun is inside the crook of the L. Try it top left, and i bet it pops more.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

the use of just "L" is very clunky and I doubt when the time comes

that they would use it. I'm sure they'll go with 50, it will just look better.

With that said, I do applaud your exploration into using the "L" and getting it to try and look good.

To reference your design specifically the thing that sticks out to me is you have

a lot of empty space around the "L" and on either side of SUPER BOWL. Try creating a shape

that is more flattering to the "L" shape and enlarge the words SUPER BOWL, they're both

lost right now in your design.I like your color pallete though, keep it classic and simple.

SB XXV is still my favorite of all 39.

although the problem is the superbowl logos are usually related to the host city in some way, did you take that into consideration?

No because my guess is that the nfl wouldnt want a city-specific logo because of the 50th anniversary. Like super bowl xxxiv, which was a nfl shield-esque logo because it was the year 2000. that logo had nothing to do with atlanta, so im kind of basing it off that.

SuperBowlXXXV.png

Twas in Tampa

You know what would be a GREAT Atlanta Super Bowl logo? Waffle House.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

SuperBowlXXXV.png

Twas in Tampa

Ahh... let's get this straight, shall we?

Super Bowl XXXIV (34) was played in the year 2000, but it's considered part of the 1999 season. Super Bowl XXXV, was for season 2000, but played in the year 2001.

I saw, I came, I left.

Super Bowl XXXIV (34) was played in the year 2000, but it's considered part of the 1999 season. Super Bowl XXXV, was for season 2000, but played in the year 2001.

You are correct.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

All I know is that it will be one L of a game.

:D

please permit me to let out the collective *GROAN* to that one.

i think Buffalo is on to something with that they would probably go to the easier "50" than to try to conform an "L" into something. thought it would be interesting to see any prototypes they're trying to come up with

SuperBowlXXXV.png

Twas in Tampa

I know that, what's your point? what did I do wrong.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

SuperBowlXXXV.png

Twas in Tampa

I know that, what's your point? what did I do wrong.

Well, at first, I thought you trying to correct buffalo soldier, because you posted the Super Bowl XXXV logo. Then I realised you were referring to the relation of the logo to the host city. But I just tried to get the things straight before anyone gets confused.

Puckguy, I'll take Potpourri for $400 :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived