Potomac Cannons Name Change?

BallWonk

Word in Washington today is that the Potomac Cannons are going to announce a new name, and maybe logo/unis, at their annual banquet on Sunday, Feb. 13.

Anyone have the scoop on whether the rumor is true, and if so what the new name/look will be?

20082614447.png

I've been waiting on news from them...their change is listed as "TBD" on the style guide site.

(along with the Sarasota Red Sox, I might add)

Well, it wouldn't be the Sarasota Red Sox as Boston's low-A team is in Capital City this season... :P

(Or high-A. I can't remember which.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I've been waiting on news from them...their change is listed as "TBD" on the style guide site.

(along with the Sarasota Red Sox, I might add)

Well, it wouldn't be the Sarasota Red Sox as Boston's low-A team is in Capital City this season... :P

(Or high-A. I can't remember which.)

It's the Sarasota Reds now.

Cards.png

speakin of which, what are my ble rocks gonna do PANTONE

http://www.skiltech.com/Merchant2/merchant...egory_Code=hats

Here's the link for the Blue Rocks caps.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

layout_1.gif

It's a nice variation on the Washington Nationals identity. With all of those thick lines and flat fields of color, I'm going to guess that Todd Radom did this one, as well.

And I am guessing that this "P" is the headwear mark:

headline_news.gif

man, i dont know if todd did this one or not. he did the nationals version, but this lacks the normal excellent execution that todd has

I like the cap logo, but I'm mad overall at this change. I used to go to Cannons games all the time as a younger kid, it's a real shame to see a name/logo set that I've always liked be dumped for a dumb MLB copy, affiliations be damned. :mad:

What a surprise. :blink:

Very nice unis and hat - great work.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived