with the mavs and kings wearing throwbacks tonight

bipolarbear

Mavericks are the biggest offender in alternate jerseys. They have like three.

None of them are very good, either.

whoa- you quoted yourself

like this ^_^

yeah the kings look bad against the mavs

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

I think more teams should try the name under number thing. There's a lot more space to work with and it don't look too bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

it was quite the "Shiny jersey double header". First it was the Nuggets baby blue's, than the Kings retro garbage bags. The kings were kind of cool though. I know its a retro, so they cant help it, but the mavs looked a lot like to Celtics on my little TV.

Howard1.jpg

i'd have to agree that throwbacks are used too often. i think the name under the number looks dumb, just as dumb as when isiah thomas had his first name on the back of his pistons uni. as for the shininess to a uniform, it depends on the team. i think it looks good for the nuggets but not everyone else. i use to think that leagues are getting out of hand with the throwbacks and the third colrs, but i dont think that anymore. i like it when franchises reverse the colors, but they really have to think how it may look, and if t looks good or not. i think that the new orleans hornets third colors are awful, but i like seattle's.

Those jerseys were not shinny back in the day they should not be shinny now.

I agree with Tanks comment. Having watched the Kansas City Kings in those blue unis during their time here, there was no satin look. I am sure the marketing dept. will sell more shiny unis than the 'dull' ones - but at least have the teams play in the "true-retro" jerseys. Looks like an 7th grade BB team's uniforms.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

i think that the new orleans hornets third colors are awful, but i like seattle's.

I don't know why the Hornets went with a yellow alternate rather than purple. Prple would have looked so much better. I'd say their yellow alternates (along with the Hawks) are among the worst shirts in the league. Yuck...

I never cared for the old KC Kings look, shiny or not. I always picture a losing franchise with the light blue. As for the Mavs, I don't care for the font they use on the retro unis, but the green is a nice change.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

do they? lol... i've only seen 1 alternate... and 1 throwback.

the alternate, because a lot of sports teams wear an alternate, and the throwback, because it's the mavs 25th anniversary.

i love it. i wish the mavs would bring green back into the home and road jersey. blue and green = mavericks (that's why i love the 3rd jersey so much, even if it is a faux-back)

the alternate, because a lot of sports teams wear an alternate, and the throwback, because it's the mavs 25th anniversary.

i love it. i wish the mavs would bring green back into the home and road jersey. blue and green = mavericks (that's why i love the 3rd jersey so much, even if it is a faux-back)

I dunno, it seems like I'm seeing WAY too many Mavericks games where they're in one green or another, though their colors are two-tone blue.

In a related story, the Grizzlies and Jazz will wear all green next year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I dunno, it seems like I'm seeing WAY too many Mavericks games where they're in one green or another, though their colors are two-tone blue.

In a related story, the Grizzlies and Jazz will wear all green next year.

i think you're seeing a lot of green, because it stands out... they don't really wear them that often, but when they do, it stands out.

in all fairness though, the mavericks don't call the green alternate their "third" or "alternate" jersey... they call it a "second road jersey"...

but about that grizz/jazz comment, i couldn't agree more :)

Archived